Heart of the Galaxy

John wounds took a month to heal and taking it easy wasn't his way of life. He passed the time training his biokinetics and walking through the city. Kyashi was scanning him with his cute drone, she was the only one who could take off his locking bracelet. Finally, John got his right arm back. He stood up to watch closely his arm, it was pale, and looked that he didn't get a scar. Kyashi sat him on the chair to carefully clean his arm.
"How are you, John?"
"Nothing change since yesterday, Kyashi." John hastily replied.
"Well, you have your arm back." The doctor said with a smile. "Ready to come back to work?"
"Yes."
"You should say a bit more, John..." Kyashi was always worrying about him.
John didn't want a mother anymore.
"I don't like to have free time." Added just to please her.
"Well, you could come to lunch with me if you don't want to be alone."
"I never said that." John replied with alacrity.
The colonel wanted him in his office.
"Done..." Kyashi said with worry in her voice. "Take it easy, John... I'll be here if you need me or want to talk."
"Thank you, Kyashi."
John walked through the corridors, everyone respected him now, however the attention was a bother to him. Esha's text was wordy, she always wrote him to tell him about his days in the ECPD. Jackson saluted him when the door opened before vanishing through the door.
"John! Welcome..."
"Good morning, sir." John said with indifference.
"At ease, soldier." Arthur said in vain. "You're finally discharged for your medical leave."
"Yes, sir."
"Well, your ship to Centra leaves in a few hours. You're being screened by A11 in person." Arthur abruptly said. "You'll be staying there. My superiors are excited to meet you. Strangely, it seems that brass hid you from them too. They are looking at that in the meanwhile."
"Understood, sir."
Kyashi entered through the door and hugged his arm.
"Congratulations, John."
She left a travel bag for him. It was brand new and a bit bigger for his taste.
"Thank you, doctor."
"This is for you, you have clothes now." Said with a smile. "I'm your companion today. I wanted to send you off properly."
"It's not necessary, doctor."
"I know." Kyashi said with malice. "I just want to keep you company."
"You'll be busy in Centra, but it will take some time to the paperwork to pass through. Use the time to relax, John." Arthur paternally said. "They'll do a full scan and blood work in their labs too. Maybe you could visit Earth in the meanwhile."
John preferred visiting Centra.
"Let's go, John. I'll help you pack." Kyashi said while pulling his arm. "I want to keep you company."
John saluted his superior before walking through the door.

Kyashi was looking at the only photo display in his apartment. He only put two pictures in it. One was with her the day they go out and the other one he was with Varya in front of the mall font, she was kissing his cheek. John missed her. He put the display in his bag after filling a box with his food.
"Thanks for taking this, Kyashi."
"You look surprised in that pic..." Kyashi was levitating the food in the air.
John didn't want to talk about it.
"You should buy more things, John."
"Soldiers don't need many things, Kyashi."
John wasn't sad to leave Elysium, it was probably the best for him. Too many bad memories, just like Earth. John sat in the train at Kyashi side. For some reason, she was sad too.
"Why are you so sad?"
"First, I'm going to miss you. Second, I'm not happy with the way you are leaving. I wish I could do something about it. Cooking probably. Third, I'm losing my favourite patient."
"I'll miss you too, Kyashi. They probably need your opinion on me."
"No, they have everything planned for you, that's why I'm letting you go." Said with a sad smile. "Even... well, maybe I visit you after they deploy you. A11 is not like the navy, Arthur told me a bit about it."
"The mail was... brief. They only told me that my career needed a boost and my talents polishing."
"You're going to train with the best, John. Try to enjoy it, please."
"I'll try."
The train stopped in the port station. The soldiers saluted him with respect. He was happy to not be part of the news, but the soldiers were whispering about the survivor of the gold mine. Security don't even screen him. His file was black and red now. Red was the colour of A11. Kyashi was holding his hand and waited with him until the arrival of his ship. It was a slender battle cruiser. It was white and the name was in Japanese, Raikou.
"Farewell, John." Kyashi said after kissing his cheek. "I... wanted to thank you for let me train you..."
"I'm the one who should be thanking you, Kyashi. If weren't for your training I will be dead now." John said with indifference. "Thank you for everything."
"It was my pleasure, John. I'll see you again, I promise." Kyashi said with smile.
John boarded through the bridge. He was happy to travel again.