03 • 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹

It was early in the morning on a Saturday

It was early in the morning on a Saturday. Melanie was sitting at a table outside in the park. She scrolled on her phone, going back to her and Andy's messages.

ANDY GOLDFARB
1:06 AM

MELANIE : hey, I decided to agree on your offer.

ANDY : great, wanna meet in the park tomorrow to discuss it some more?

MELANIE : sure!

8:00 AM

MELANIE : hey, I'm heading there now, okay?

ANDY : ok, see you there

She frowned at her phone, wondering what she got herself into. "Hey, Mel!" She heard a voice call, she looked up from her phone and saw Andy. He waved to her as he walked over to the table.

She turned her phone off and set it down beside her. "Hey." She smiled as he sat down across from her. "So how is this going to work?" She asked.

"Well I honestly just need you so I can make Kym jealous so we don't have to worry about fake dating when it's just us." Andy said, "Still, we should try to do it in public so it looks realistic."

"You mean pretend we're dating in front of everyone?" Melanie asked, frowning. "Yeah, don't worry, it shouldn't take long before Kym gets jealous." Andy smiled.

"Yeah, I guess. Anyways, we should go over some rules." Melanie crossed her arms. Andy raised a brow, "Rules? What rules?"

"I've come up with some rules to this thing." Melanie stated. "First of all, I am not kissing you." She frowned, getting grossed out just by the idea. "Well we're going to have to do something to show we're dating." Andy frowned.

"We can just hug or hold hands, but absolutely no kissing." Melanie rolled her eyes. "I guess that works, I really don't wanna kiss you anyways." Andy said.

"Next, you can't flirt with anyone. That includes Kym." Melanie stated. "What? But I like her." Andy frowned. "Don't you get it? If you flirt with her she'll just guess our relationship is fake." Melanie said.

"We have to be committed if we're gonna make it look like we're dating." She rolled her eyes again. "Fine, but I also have a rule." Andy spoke.

"You have to go with me to all my soccer games, parties, and such. We have to go together." He said, Melanie frowned. "But I always go with Zoie."

"You said we have to be committed." He grinned. "Whatever, I'll go with you to your stupid parties and such." She frowned, "And you have to hang out with me most of the time." He said.