09 • 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝘀𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵

It was a Friday evening, Melanie was slumped in her bed

It was a Friday evening, Melanie was slumped in her bed. She scrolled on her phone, bored out of her mind. She heard a knock at her door and looked up to see Ivy standing there.

"What do you want?" She asked, going back to her phone. Ivy held her chest and pretending to fall dramatically. "So rude!" She exclaimed.

"Whatever." Melanie mumbled, she found herself stalking Kym's account once again. She noticed all the perfect photos, most were her and Andy. But there was a new one of her and Caleb.

Ivy jumped on her bed, "Get up!" She yelled, shaking Melanie. Melanie groaned and pulled the blankets up over her. "Don't you know? Tomorrow is Valentine's Day." Ivy smirked, "Doing anything fun?"

"No." Melanie said, staring at her phone. Why would she? She had no one, other than her fake relationship. Ivy snatched her phone out of her hands. "What are you looking at?"

Melanie sat up, reaching for her phone. "Seriously? Stalking instagram accounts?" Kym chuckled, "You jealous of this girl or something?"

Melanie grabbed the phone back and hid her embarrassed face. "Shut up." She mumbled. She found herself now looking at Andy's account.

"Don't you have a boyfriend? Are you hanging out with him tomorrow?" Ivy asked, leaning back. Melanie shrugged, she already felt a bit uncomfortable lying to her sister about the relationship.

"Well you should, the bare minimum he could do is come over." She rolled her eyes. Ivy stood up and walked out the bedroom, leaving Melanie alone again.

Melanie shrugged and stared at Andy's account, before suddenly receiving a text message from him.

ANDY GOLDFARB
2/13/23
8:25 PM

ANDY :  Hey Kym's suggesting we go on a double date tomorrow, I wanted to make sure it was okay with you before answering

MELANIE : I'm fine with it, I don't really care

ANDY :  You sure?

MELANIE : Mhm

Melanie sighed and set her phone down. She closed her eyes for a moment, dreading the nightmare of going on a double date with Kym and Caleb.

She just kept telling herself that going on this date would hopefully end this whole fake relationship faster, but did she really want it to end?

She often found herself looking at photos of her and Andy, she couldn't help it. They both looked really happy in them, you could barely tell their relationship was fake. Sometimes even Melanie forgot it was fake when she looked at them.