04 • 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁

It was a chilly day

It was a chilly day. There was a soft breeze in the air, the leaves on trees began turning all shades of reds, yellows, and oranges.

Soccer was still in session, and today they were playing against St. Catherine again. Melanie of course had to go to support Andy. Kym and her friends decided to tag along.

They all sat near the bottom of the bleachers as Andy and his friends get ready near the field. "This is gonna be so boring." Zoie rolled her eyes. "Shut up, you know we gotta support Andy and them." Melanie smiled, "You only wanna support him cause he's your boyfriend." Zoie giggled.

Melanie playfully rolled her eyes as she set her stuff down on the bleachers. "Hey look, Lydia and Stacy are also here." Megan said. "Ugh, I can't believe she brought Stacy." Kym rolled her eyes.

"We should invite them both over here." Zoie said, grinning. "Even Stacy?" Anya laughed, Kym laughed along. "It would be funny."

"Come on guys." Zoie rolled her eyes, she waved over for Lydia and Stacy to come over. "Stacy, look. I think they're inviting us over!" Lydia exclaimed, Stacy looked over with a huge smile.

"Let's go over there then!" Stacy pulled Lydia and ran over there. "Hey girls." Anya said, grinning at Stacy. Her and Kym tried to contain their laughter.

"Hey guys." Lydia said, smiling. "Wanna sit with us?" Melanie asked. "Yes!" Stacy shouted, everyone looked at her in silence. "I mean, sure."

They all sat down near the bottom of the bleachers. "Hey, where's Kaydin?" Megan asked Kym. Kym only rolled her eyes in response. Zoie turned to Melanie.

"I heard they've been thinking about breaking up." Zoie whispered to Melanie. Melanie's eyes widened, "Really, why?"

"I don't know, it happened after Megan's bat mitzvah though. I think they got into a fight." Zoie said. Melanie looked over at Kym, who still seemed annoyed. She couldn't help but feel a little happy that they'd might break up and this fake relationship would be over.

"Well, I hope it works out." Melanie lied, she smiled to Zoie, who nodded in agreement. "Oh, look, here comes Andy." Megan yelled, pointing over to Andy and his friends heading over to them.

"Hey guys!" Mateo said, "Hey Stacy." He smiled to Stacy, she just smiled a little in response. Anya chuckled a little. "Hey Mel." Andy took Melanie's hand in his, staring at Kym.

"Oh, hi." She said, surprised. Kym stared at them both, frowning. Just then, she got an idea. "Hey Melanie, want a drink?" She asked, smiling. Melanie turned over to her, confused. "Uhm, sure."