08 • 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲

With January fast approaching, the gang of friends decided to all go to the movie theater

Zoie was the one who planned the whole thing, choosing a scary movie. Of course, Mateo decided to go after finding out it was a scary movie.

And obviously Stacy and Lydia weren't going. It was just Melanie, Andy, Zoie, Aaron, Kym, and Caleb.

Melanie stood in the lobby, next to Andy. They were both waiting for the others. "I wonder when they're coming." Melanie sighed, looking at her phone.

"You okay with Caleb coming?" Andy asked, "I tried not to get him to come but Kym really wanted him too." Andy mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm fine, after he found out we're dating he hasn't really tried anything." Melanie smiled, "I think this fake relationship is working."

"Yeah, and I'm sure Kym seems really jealous." Andy grinned. "Are you just going to wait for her to ask you out?" Melanie asked, Andy nodded in response.

"Should be soon, she seems really angry at me right now." Melanie chuckled. "She's just jealous, don't worry about what she says. You're amazing." Andy smiled.

Melanie smiled back, there were a few seconds of silence before Zoie entered the lobby with Aaron. "Oh hey guys." Andy said.

"Did you guys come together?" Melanie asked, Zoie immediately shook her head. "We just happened to arrive at the same time." She rolled her eyes, Aaron was smirking.

"Anyone know when Kym's coming?" Zoie asked. "Nope." Melanie said, frowning. "Should we go then? The movie is going to start soon and we can just meet the rest in the theater." Zoie suggested.

"Yeah, let's go." Andy stood up, holding Melanie's hand. They all walked over to the counter. "4 tickets please, for The Bloody Mall Massacre." Andy said.

"Ugh, I hate horror movies." Melanie frowned, Zoie giggled. "Don't worry, Andy will protect you." She teased, earning her a shove from Melanie. Once they got the tickets they headed over to get popcorn.

"Hey Joe." Melanie smiled, "Extra butter please!" Zoie rolled her eyes. "Can we get separate popcorn buckets?You always put too much butter on the popcorn."

"You and Aaron can get another bucket of popcorn, I'll share with Melanie." Andy said, Melanie looked at him in shock. "Are you sure? I like a lot of butter on my popcorn." Melanie said, Andy nodded. "It's okay, I like a lot of butter on my popcorn too."

When they got their snacks they made their way over to the theater. Aaron ran to the back of the theater, claiming seats. Zoie sat next to him and Melanie, who was sitting next to Andy.