Chapter 47

Back to life - Junkie XL

Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

Adrien

For a second.

For two.

For a whole moment, in which I stared at him in amazement. I could literally hear the blood running through my whole body, draining from my face.

I didn't know what was happening to me, but I staggered until I hit my back against a wall.

No, I must have definitely heard wrong. Or I was in a daydream.

It was impossible.

It was impossible for someone to discover my identity without having told them the secret.

Luka stepped in front of me with relish and his smile deepened.

I stared at him in amazement, waiting to be beamed back to reality. 

Because this wasn't reality.

"Speechless?" Luka purred smugly, his ice-blue eyes sparkling as if possessed. "So you're the highly praised superhero of Paris. Surprising, but not surprising given your identical bad habits."

His words only half sunk in as I feverishly searched for an explanation for it all.

The suit had a protective function, how on earth had Luka found out about it?

Countless thoughts were buzzing through my head, which was threatening to crash.

When suddenly Ladybug's voice popped up as a reminder.

"Aren't you sometimes afraid your girlfriend might find out about your double life?

"No. You'd have to be quite a psycho to figure out our superhero identities."

A psycho...

That was the moment when I could do nothing but swallow hard and look the devil in the eye.

"How do you know that, Luka."

My voice felt strange, but I didn't let it bother me. How had he found out?

He just snorted in amusement and crossed his arms as if he was thinking twice about answering my question.

"It's funny and bizarre at the same time. As Adrien, you fucked up with her. But to get horny with her anyway, you come back to her in disguise. You're fucking around with her and she doesn't even know. Kind of a weird kink  you live out. You deserve credit for your creativity if it weren't so sad, Chat."

With every sentence that left Luka's lips with a passion, I lost more and more of my body awareness.

It was only a matter of time before I eventually passed out.

"Marinette must have been really important to you. Especially after your regular night visits to the 16th arrondissement."

No.

Petrified, I looked him in the eye, his smile softened. He wasn't alluding to... Juliette...

It was obviously getting too much effort for him to grin at me like a madman. But the left corner of his mouth lifted again as he casually braced his left arm against the wall in front of me.

"Yeah, I drive the same route home at night after band practice, where I drive through the neighborhood. At some point, I saw you crossing the road with your pole, quite weakened. I thought I'd be helpful and follow you for once, before you collapse. After all, you didn't even hear me when I followed you on my bike and called out to you."