4 - Talk

Accepting the job to kill Kate was undoubtably the worst decision you'd ever made, as a child you looked evil in the eye and said, "Fucking try me." and now you're looking evil in the eye and it's a 22-year-old archer. You literally can't escape her, last week on the roof? And in the alley? The two instances have been living in your head ever since they went down and you haven't even left your home since the roof because you're scared you might see her again, you're scared.

You're stuck, yeah, but now you're super stuck and you don't really know what you're stuck in. which sounds really stupid in retrospect, you realize that now but you're literally on the verge of just ending it all. You want to kill her, get it all over with so you can keep moving. Maybe just move across the country to get away from her. But then again, she's an avenger so her face will follow you everywhere. And if you did kill her? Her face would then too, be everywhere - along with yours, but yours is on a wanted poster instead of a memorial. So maybe the decision to kill yourself doesn't seem so silly afterall, maybe living with her wouldn't be so hard if she wasn't... if she wasn't just her.

You're fresh out of options, because yeah, you would love to just kill her. But that's clearly not going to work. Not at all. But it's not like you want to kill yourself.

You've been thinking about this all morning, the cereal in your bowl is almost untouched in front of you. And in your tangled red hair, lays both of your hands, constantly tugging. You didn't realize you were crying, too deep drowning in your thoughts to think about it. Pulling your hands from your hair and wiping the tears from your eyes and off your face, you assessed your thoughts. You can't kill her, that's been checked out. You can't just move away because her face is literally everywhere. And you don't want to kill yourself. By now you're resorting to tracking her down and just verbally forcing her to stay out of your life, though that sounds idiotic because she's only around because you cannot get her out of your head. You figure you're just going to have to live with it, with her. You want to talk to her to get her to stay away, you fear she might just be waiting for the other shoe to drop the entire conversation though - waiting for a threat or something. Your whole thing is something that she, an avenger, is constantly trying to stop so you're scared it might not work - but talking to her seems to be your best bet.

Deciding to get yourself together, you finished your now sadly soggy cereal and headed to your bathroom to fix your hair and your probably tear stained face.

Cursed day, you thought as you resorted to a messy bun for your hair because it was refusing to cooperate. You had splashed some water on your face to rid yourself of the tears that had previously painted it and brushed your teeth before leaving for your room with a now cold face.

You stared at your options for clothing in your closet, you didn't really want to fight with her, but it might end up happening, right? You should wear something appropriate for a fight. You would wear your black cargos, but they got far past destroyed last week during the fight with Kate, so you landed on your gray pair and a black thermal because it was far too cold to wear short sleeves. You tucked it in and secured it with a red belt. Embarrassingly you picked this belt because it matches your holster as if that matters during a fight... you clipped on your holster which still dangerously held your pistol, and widow bites that you had lazily thrown to the floor a few days ago and laced up your combat boots that you seriously need to replace.