Part 1

Lucy walks into roll call right after she clocked in for her shift. "Officer Chen, perfect timing" Grey said. Lucy looks confused and asks "Uh? Perfect timing for what?" "We have a undercover case for you." Grey replied. Lucy got happy because Grey told her just a week before, that she needs more undercover-training with Nyla. She looks over to Nyla and Nyla smiles at her. "Officer Chen, we have to tell you, that you won't be going alone. Officer Bradford will join you and you'll have to pretend to be a couple." Grey adds. Tim asks "w-why me? You didn't even ask me!" "Well, so Nolan are you in-" "Fine, I'll go with Officer Chen" Grey gets cut off by Tim.

~~~~Lucy's perspective~~~~

Wait why did he agree to this? He hates undercover-work more than anything else, well after what happend to Isabel. I get shaken out of my thoughts when Nyla starts to tell me about the plan."You're going to stay in Las Vegas in a fancy cute hotel. And you'll pretend to be a rich couple so Claire's guys will gain interesst for you. I already told Tim that he has to get his best suits so get your cute and sexy dresses Officer Chen."

~~~~Tim's perspective~~~~

I don't know why I agreed to this. I hate this undercover thing. I just don't get why I didn't want her to go with Nolan....maybe because Angela told me they used to date? I have no clue. "What are you thinking about?" Angela asks and giggles. "You and Lucy? Alone in a hotelroom for like one maybe two days? How the hell are you going to do this Timothy" she teased. "Why wouldn't I be able to?" I raise my eyebrows. "You clearly fell for her, Tim. It's written all over your face when you look at her. Your eyes are glowing when you see her." Angela replies.

~~~~timeskip~~~~~

Tim puts his best suit on and gets in the car to pick up Lucy. On the way to her apartment he keeps thinking about what will happen when they have to sleep in one bed for one or maybe two nights. He grabs his phone and texts Lucy:

Tim: I'm here boot. Do you need help with your bags?

Lucy: No, it's okay. I'll be there in a minute.

Tim gets out of his car as soon as he sees Lucy he stares at her because she looks hot in that dress. He opens the door for her like a gentleman. "Such a gentleman Officer Bradford" Lucy said while smiling at him. "Of course, Madam" he replies.

~~timeskip + Lucy's perspective~~

"Do you think we'll get them Tim?" I look at him seriously. "I'm not sure, hopefully we do Boot." I just roll my eyes "Why do you keep calling me 'Boot'? You know I hate this nickname..."

~~~Tim's perspective~~~

I don't know why I call her Boot. I just don't know what else to call her. Lucy sounds so...I mean it sounds like we're not just partners. Something like friendship. But we aren't friends right? We just do our work together. I wish she just knew how much I really do care about her.

"Tim can you please not ignore me now?" Lucy is still waiting for an answer. "I don't know Chen. It's just I'm used to call you Boot." I could feel her look at me mad after my answer was spoken. "So, did you think about our undercover names? We clearly can't go as Tim and Lucy right?" Lucy hopes for a perfect answer to her question. "What about uh....Nathaniel and Abigail? And our nicknames will be Nate and Abby?" I don't know if she likes my suggestion but it doesn't matter anyway. It's just a name that isn't our real one. "That's actually really good Tim!" She looks like she means it and not like she jokes around like she usually does.

~~~Timeskip to the arrival at the hotel~~~

They arrived at a big hotel in Vegas. It was actually fancy and looked really expensive just like Nyla said. Tim helps Lucy with her bags and carries them up to their room. "There's only one bed..." Tim says worried. "It's not a problem Nate, we are a couple" Lucy smirks because calling him Nate sounds weird. "So wanna go out for dinner babe?" He looks at her smiling. "Well take me out on a date, Nate." She responds.

~~~timeskip at the restaurant~~~

As soon as Tim and Lucy take their seats, they already see the small mafia group on the other table. "That's them" Tim whispers and looks around a bit. "Oh my god Nate you're so funny" Lucy laughs for no reason to get their attention. "I'll go to the toilett quick" Tim says while going to the bathroom.

"Hello beautiful" one of the guys starts to flirt with Lucy (well Abby). "You do realize I have a boyfriend right?" She rolls her eyes and wants to get up but one of them holds a gun at her under the table. "Oh he's just a toy right? I mean I can only belive that you are good in bed babygirl." He says. "Stop flirting with my girl, she's out of your league." Tim looks mad at him. "are you alright babe?" Tim asks Lucy being worried. Lucy suggests to go home. "Nate let's go...I was about to pay anyway."

~~~Tim's perspective~~~

We are walking out of the restaurant after a while and this group was following us. "Lucy.." "I know" she cut me off. Before we manage to get to the car one of the guys talks to us "I can tell you have a lot of money. We can offer you a job to get more money." Lucy walks closer to them and asks about more details. It's a job about drugs. Lucy and I would have to play the sexy dealer couple. "We're in, right babe?. Let's meet up tomorrow to go thru the details" Lucy agreed without asking me. We finally sit in our car after a long evening. "You agreed without asking me? What if something happens to you during this?" I look at her worried. "Tim Bradford cares about me? Can I get that on paper please?" Lucy responds teasingly. "Yes Chen, I do! I care about you because you mean so much to me. You're not just my partner. You helped me go thru so much since day 1 and I really do appreciate that." Why did I just throw that into her face like it's nothing? She's gonna laugh at me for sure.

Author notes;

Do you like this story??
I'm trying to keep this updated and if you have any ideas then just request them! Love y'all!!❤️