The Wedding

The eager knocks had 18 excited to see her fiance, despite knowing he would definitely distract her from wedding planning. One could imagine her surprise when she found Bulma and Chi Chi outside her cabin instead. They explained how Krillin told them everything and how overjoyed they were for them both. They were in fact so happy they offered to help her plan the wedding; Bulma even offered to pay for the whole thing. 18 was too taken aback to respond at first. She just stared at them both. They chuckled at her. Chi Chi was the one to explain how much Krillin meant to them, and also how Krillin told them 18 was the whole reason he returned to Kame House. When it was Bulma's turn, she piggybacked off Chi Chi and stated so simply that on top of making Krillin happier than she'd probably ever seen him, 18 helped reunite him with his family. And despite the couple not even being married yet, that made 18 family. 

The android was a bit slow to process this. She nervously reminded them of her past. Bulma made a "psh" sound and brushed that off with a wave of her hand. Chi Chi filled her in on how most of Goku's friends tried to kill him at some point, in such a casual manner that it almost concerned 18. The android loosened up a little, still a bit put off but warmed by their kindness. Even more so when Bulma told her to consider her offer to pay for the wedding her gift to the happy couple.

The third dress she tried on was lovely in its simplicity. The sleeves went off her shoulders and the collar went into a curved, modest v-shape. The bottom was flowy and had high slits for the leg on either side. It had lace on top of satin. The lace on top was knitted with a swirly flower design. 18 felt bashful, but the way Bulma's and Chi Chi's eyes lit up like the dragon balls let her know she must look pretty good. Chi Chi started getting a bit choked up. All she could think about was Krillin's face when he would see her in that dress. Bulma told 18 not to mind her; she always got like that when it came to weddings. She confirmed that 18 looked absolutely mesmerizing. And of course she insisted she pay for the dress. 18 saw as much coming; it was Bulma's idea that she shop at a boutique with an arch at the front entrance and a chandelier bigger than her entire cabin.

But. 18 admitted it was sweet and came to appreciate it all. Especially the small bachelorette party on a boat the women had planned for her. They enjoyed a couple drinks and hors d'ouerves and talked to each other like they had been best friends their whole lives. 18 got so comfortable, she inquired if her fiance would be providing their entertainment. Their laughter mixed nicely with the salty sea air.

Krillin's bachelor party was at an American old west style arena. (Yamcha had wanted to go to a gentlemen's club. Krillin had to point out that such an escapade would nettle his lovely bride to say the least. Also that Chi Chi would take care of what was left of them when 18 finished, if they brought Gohan to such an establishment). In the center was a dirt floor with haystacks closed off by a white pickett fence, like a barn. Around it were wooden bleachers, creating a western colosseum environment. The first portion of the experience was watching trained professionals dressed like cowboys ride the bulls. They were standing up the entire time, performing a multitude of tricks with their lassos that left even 17 impressed. Then the team brought out a huge black bull with horns the size of tree trunks. It could have burned the crowd alive with the fire in its eyes. The performers challenged the audience, asking if anyone was brave enough to see if they could hang on to the bull for thirty seconds. The immediate volunteer was a confused Krillin; 17 was the one who singled him out.

He made a mental note to murder the android as he stalked over to the bull. He took a huge animated gulp before he hopped on. The bull barely waited for the timer to begin before it started trying to catapult him off. However, Krillin witnessed some fruits in the resumption of his training: holding on to the bull was insanely easy. In fact, it had been harder for him to hold onto Goku when he thought Vegeta was about to stick him with a needle. He even performed some tricks, and they audience's roars and applause filled the arena. At the end Krillin was presented with the prize: a gold bull riding champion's belt. He wore it proud as he took a bow, only for the bull to run up behind him and buck him out of it. The launch sent him straight through the roof, and his groomsmen hurried after him. Well, Yamcha and Gohan did; 17 was too busy tying his stomach in knots with laughter.

The groom had caught both 17 and his sister by surprise when he asked him to be one of his groomsmen. When they went suit shopping, 17 told him that the only wedding plan he didn't participate in was 18's dress fitting. They bonded over wanting it to be a surprise. Yamcha was the one who picked out a dapper white tuxedo with a cream bowtie.

Krillin fiddled with his bowtie and resisted the urge to run a nervous hand through his hair, gelled to perfection. Then he opened the mahogany doors, and strutted down the red carpet aisle. He covered his mouth with a fist trying not to laugh at Oolong; the pig was already blubbering.

The venue was small and intimate: perfect for the amount of guests. It had foliage and lights strung about the ceiling, dipping at the front of the aisle. The walls were made of light brown bricks and the floor was spotless, tiled granite. It created a magical city-like, atmosphere. Krillin stood at the pastor's left under an arch made completely of leaves and flowers. Everything turned out perfectly.

But it all paled in comparison to his bride.

She came carrying white roses after Gohan with Chi Chi; Yamcha with Bulma; and 17 with Bulma's mom (18 didn't know many other girls besides Bulma and Chi Chi). Her hair was curled and some of it was pulled back with lillies of the valley woven through it. Her dress and veil trailed behind her, and the dress shimmered almost as much as her eyes. They didn't leave her groom as she approached the altar. Krillin, elation permeating every inch of his body, blinked back tears.

Android 18 looked absolutely beautiful.

The pastor gave all the guests the trademark wedding welcome, and requested for the ringbearer. The blood almost stopped pumping in 18's body when she saw him. Freakishly tall, spiky orange hair, but wearing a black tuxedo instead of his green and black Red Ribbon suit. Bulma leaned in and whispered that it was Krillin's idea. 18 let one tear escape with her mouth still agape. Then she turned back to Krillin. She didn't think it was possible, but now she was even more ready for him to be her husband. And to be his wife.

Android 16 bowed and held out the wedding bands on a velvet pillow. They both were pure gold with infinity signs in the middle. The groom placed one on the bride's slender ring finger as instructed, and he had his own vows prepared. When he finished reading them, her eyes were glossier than they had been when he proposed, and she nearly burst when he said his I do. She placed his ring on him and held his hand after. Then she surprised him, having her own vows as well. She didn't need to read them. She remembered that he said he didn't know what she saw in a guy like him when he proposed, so she wrote down every single thing and ended it with a promise to love him for the rest of their lives. She had it memorized, and she had him struggling to compose himself when she finished. 

Especially when she said her I do before the pastor even finished asking her.

With the power vested in him, he pronounced them husband and wife. 

Krillin rose to meet 18's height, startling the pastor and making him tumble over. They wrapped each other in their arms as he dipped her, and sealed the ceremony with a kiss. Their family blew up the venue with applause, hoots, and hollers.

For the reception everyone moved to a different room, more spacious to fit tables and a vast amount of food. It was a good thing Bulma overestimated how much to order. On top of having Gohan present, 17 proved that a cyborg's appetite could rival a Saiyan's. The newly weds enchanted their audience with a graceful waltz, then everyone danced the night away, just like they did when Krillin returned to Kame House. Chi Chi and Bulma vogued together. 17 and Gohan had a dance battle. Krillin taught the crowd how to dougie with his groomsmen and 16. And even 18 had to join in when Cha Cha Slide played. 

At the end of the night, he carried her over the threshold of an empty Kame House. Chi Chi decided that the other residents would bunk with her for a week, giving the couple some honeymoon time. 

It was the happiest day of both of their lives. And the sun would later shine on two people blithesome over joining their lives together.