Part 10: Party Time

The former martial artist never could have imagined that after all this time he would feel right at home in the place he fled, laughing and having a good time with the ones he left behind. The Son Family, Bulma's family, Yamcha, Puar, and Piccolo arrived on Kame Island, phoned by Oolong and informed of Krillin's return. Yamcha and Puar were about to hug Krillin when they got there but they suddenly froze as if they saw Cell and Frieza. 18 gave a simple wave in their direction; they continued to gape at her. Once Krillin informed them that she was no longer a threat, they hugged him so tight they nearly squeezed out something important.

Fortunately they did not wring his appetite dry and he still had plenty of room for the delicious catering that Bulma brought. Chi Chi might have cooked a couple meals herself, but even without her husband it still felt impossible to quench growing Saiyan appetites. Krillin believed it; baby Trunks and Goten probably ate more than everyone else at the party, with the exception of Gohan, of course.

Luckily, it turned out Yamcha surprised Chi Chi every once and awhile with grocery help; he could afford it now that he was a famous, loaded baseball player. Krillin was even more surprised to hear that Casanova even got himself a girlfriend.

"Wow. Congratulations, man!" Krillin clapped his buddy on the back. "When do we get to meet the little lady?"

"Well... Everyone else has kinda met her already," Yamcha replied with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh yeah," Krillin rubbed the back of his head. "I forgot it's been awhile."

"I'll say," Yamcha elbowed him playfully. "Leave it to you get with a hot chick that tried to kill us, you dog." And for what might have been the thousandth time since he ran away from the Android in the supermarket, Krillin turned redder than Roshi when he was watching ladies' workout videos.

"W-wait what?" He sputtered. "Nononono you got it all wrong. 18's not my girlfriend." To his chagrin, his old pal snickered at him.

"You sure about that, buddy? She was here before even I was."

"That's a long story for another day," Krillin sighed. Yamcha simply shrugged.

"Well, official or not, you've obviously still got the hots for her." Instead of immediately going full on denial, he contemplated and turned his head in 18's direction. She was shockingly shooting an easy breeze with Chi Chi and Bulma. When she noticed Krillin staring at her, she smiled and winked at him. Krillin blushed, waved, and turned back to Yamcha, who shamelessly showcased an irritating smirk.

"Shut up," he uttered before Yamcha even spoke, and the latter laughed out loud. At that moment Krillin was saved by Umigame, who announced that the speakers and turntable were ready to go on the beach.

***
No one would've guessed that Umigame of all people (or turtles) would have everyone tearing it up in the sand as a DJ. Krillin and Yamcha impressed the guests during their dance battle, but Gohan ended up blowing them both away with his break dancing. They learned where he got it from once Chi Chi stunted on everyone with some martial arts moves. Even Piccolo and Vegeta, though they stood off to the side by some palm trees, looked like they were having a good time. Still, every once in awhile they gazed over to the ocean, like they were waiting for something to jump.

Eventually the night ended up like Bulma and Chi Chi: unable to lie about its departed youth. And everyone was danced out and ate like a pig (of course they could not say that for Oolong would have taken offense). The Kame House residents waited inside while Krillin bid everyone a warm "see you later." "Goodbye" definitely and fortunately didn't feel right for this time. Plus, a goodbye might've earned him some more beatings from some of his friends.