𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮 𝙅𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙤𝙣, 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

PERCY

PERCY

PERCY WAS WALKING AROUND CAMP WITH CHIRON by his side. He was viewing everything for the first time, seeing a bunch of different teenagers participating in various activities.

It all didn't seem real, like he was still lying in bed, dreaming. But, this was his new reality.

The clanging of metal then caught his attention, two people battling to the left of him. Chiron began to head towards the two campers, Percy following after him with piqued interest.

The centaur stood some distance away from the duel as he watched on with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Go on, Percy." He said, nodding his head towards the small group of campers that had begun to enclose around the fight.

Percy gulped, slightly intimidated by the new faces that were soon to surround him.

When he was on the outer rim of the circle, two campers parted to make room for him, their eyes solely focused on the center that they were too distracted to notice his sudden appearance.

In the center was a girl around his age wearing an orange shirt, denim shorts, and black sneakers. She held a gleaming, bronze dagger in each hand with a vicious look in her chocolate brown eyes. Her wildly curly, black hair was slicked back into a high ponytail with small pieces framing her face and sweat sweeping the crown of her head.

Her opponent wore the same shirt with jeans and sneakers, his black curly hair falling in front of his eyes.

Every time Percy believed the girl would be cut in half, she would dodge the guy's hit and find a vulnerable place to attack instead.

Percy was impressed by her stealth and strength to fight a man that was almost two feet taller than her.

"Come on, Lana! Show him what you got!" The camper beside him shouted.

"Go Luke!" Another yelled.

The campers all around Percy were cheering the two fighters on and he could feel the energy grow exponentially.

The duel continued to rage on, Percy not knowing who was truly going to win in the end. With Luke's, he guessed that was the guy's name, powerful swings and Lana's, he was also guessing this was the girl's name, deceptive moves, it was fair game for either of them.

Lana then sidestepped Luke as he took another sharp swing at her. She rolled backwards and created distance between them. Percy understood that was a smart tactic, seeing as she was now out of reach for her opponent's sword.

Before Luke could take another step closer, she threw one of her daggers at him. The dagger's hilt smacked him in the head, momentarily dazing him, allowing her to run up to him with such speed, Percy was sure he would've missed it if he'd blinked.