𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨?

PERCY

PERCY

Lana, Grover, and Percy tried to blend into the crowd, keeping an eye out for security ghouls.

The dead were hard to look at. They would come up to the trio and speak, but their voices sound like chatter. Once they realize you can't understand them, they frown and move away.

"This place..." Lana continued to look at all the souls around her. "It's so...sad. I thought it would've been scary being here, but I just want to curl into a ball and cry."

"Me too." Grover said.

"Me three." Percy added.

They crept along, following the line of new arrivals.

Toward the Fields of Punishment, the trio could see groups of people being chased, burning, or run through cactus patches naked. Further in the fields, there were worse tortures that Percy had to physically tear his eyes away from.

"That was what I thought the Underworld was going to look like." Lana mumbled towards him. "I know I've done some bad things in my life, but I hope none of my actions will send me there."

Percy couldn't help, but agree with her.

"It's sad to see how little people actually do good in the world," Lana said as she looked out Elysium. "Look how small it is compared to the other Fields."

"It's depressing." Percy concluded.

"I wish to go there when I die, but I'm not exactly an A type hero."

Percy looked down at her. "Not yet."

The trio moved deeper into the Asphodel Fields.

After a few miles of walking, they began to hear a familiar screech in the distance. The Furies. Percy got the feeling that they were waiting for them.

"I suppose it's too late to turn back," Grover said wistfully.

"We'll be okay." Percy tried to sound confident. "Besides, we got Lana with us."

When he looked down at the girl in question, he began to regret his words. "I feel like I'm going to throw up and shit my pants at the same time."

"Me too." Grover gasped out. "Maybe we should search some of the other places first," Grover suggested. "Like, Elysium, for instance..."

"No turning our backs now, boys." Lana grabbed their arms and began to pull them forward.

Grover yelped. His sneakers sprouted wings and his legs shot forward, pulling him and Lana forward. She tried to hold onto his hand, Percy grabbing hold of her free one to keep her grounded, but the satyr slipped between her fingertips. He landed flat on his back in the grass while Lana flew backwards into Percy. The two demi-gods stumbled before the boy regained both of their balances.