𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩, 𝙎𝙚𝙖𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝘽𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣?

PERCY

PERCY

THE NEXT MORNING, CHIRON MOVED PERCY TO Cabin Three. He didn't share with anybody anymore, got to sit at his own dinner table, pick all of his own activities, call "lights out" whenever he felt like it, and follow his own rules.

But, he was absolutely miserable.

Just when he started to feel accepted, to feel at home in Cabin Eleven, he'd been separated as if he had some disease.

The worst part of it all was that he was separated from Lana.

He'd missed walking back to the cabin with her, whether it was to grab something one of them forgot or to hangout before their next activity. He missed when he could eat dinner with her, the two of them exchanging information about one another or trying to see how many raspberries they could fit in their mouth.

Without the comfort of Cabin Eleven, Percy thought that it would put a small tear in the friendship they were slowly building.

The other campers steered clear of him as much as possible. Even his old cabin was too nervous to have a sword class with him, so his lessons with Luke became one-on-one.

The only person acting normal around him was Lana and he was thankful that it was her out of all people. She still complained about how he was a slow reader and had noodle arms. This time though, he didn't feel annoyed with her but relieved that she didn't change when she was with him.

The two of them were hanging out in the forest by the creek, right next to where he was claimed by his father.

Lana was laying on her stomach, her notebook in front of her and markers sprawled all around her. She was aimlessly drawing and Percy was thankful for her presence. At least he wasn't totally invisible at camp.

He ripped a small piece of paper from her notebook, ignoring the grumpy face she made at him, and grabbed one of the markers that were sprawled around her. He scribbled 'Hey' onto the note before folding it up and pushing it towards her.

She looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, grabbing the paper and opening it up. After she read the one word present on the paper, she looked at him with a bored expression and scribbled back a response.

He grabbed it out of her hand. 'What do you want, Seaweed Brain' was written in a curvy handwriting.

"Seaweed Brain?" He questioned, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I made a new nickname for you." She answered, shading in a rainbow that she drew. "Been thinking about one since you got claimed by your dad."

"That was the best you could come up with?" He asked boredly.

She gasped and held a hand over her heart, looking at him with a hurt expression. "Don't be rude, Percy, I put a lot of thought into that nickname."

"Yeah, clearly." That earned him a scrunched piece of paper to his head. "A thought for a thought?"