Season 2 Episode 7. Letter from Muichiro

Kimiko was in his room in basecamp, getting ready to go to bed, when he heard knocking on his window.

He looked over at his window, and saw a kasugai crow trying to get in.

Kimiko opened the window, and the kasugai crow entered the room.

"Caw! Letter to Kimiko Kazuyuki from Muichiro Tokito!" the crow said.

Kimiko took the envelope tied to the crow's foot, and the crow flew away.

Kimiko opened the envelope, took the letter out, and unfolded it.

It read:

Hello Kimiko-chan, thank you for the letter.

When you told me about the type of training Kazuyuki-san has been giving you, it reminded me of the training I used to do with Kazuyuki-san.

"Yeah, I think he chose similar training on purpose," Kimiko thought, reading the first part of the letter. "He made it a lot easier than your training, though, and the corps members are still not able to accomplish a quarter of what YOU were able to."

Kimiko continued reading the letter.

The rest of the letter read:

As you know, I have finally recovered my lost memories. I wanted to thank you again for being my friend since I joined the demon slayer corps. I can't possibly thank you enough, and I'm deeply sorry if I ever troubled you.

Sincerely, your close friend Muichiro Tokito.

"You never troubled me," Kimiko thought. "I CHOSE to be your friend. I CHOSE to spend time with you. I WANTED to. It was my choice and no one else's."

Kimiko folded the letter back up and carefully returned it to its envelope.

"One of these days, I'll find a way to tell you how I feel," Kimiko thought.