Season 3 Episode 10. Joining the Kazuyuki Clan

Kimi and Muichiro were attending the hashira meeting.

"Thank you for coming to this hashira meeting," Kiriya said. "Kimi Kazuyuki-san. Muichiro Tokito-san. You two are now the only surviving hashira. However, we successfully eradicated Muzan Kibutsuji and the remaining kizuki from this world. Many fighters such as yourselves risked their lives, and fought bravely to make this happen. It won't be long before all demons are purged from this world, so we ask you to continue fulfilling your duty until they are all gone."

...

Later in the day, Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro all worked together to place flowers on the graves of all the fallen corps members.

Kimi and Kimiko returned to their clan, the Kazuyuki Clan, in the Kazuyuki Mountains.

Muichiro didn't have anywhere to go, so Kimi and Kimiko talked to the leaders of the Kazuyuki Clan about allowing Muichiro to join them.

It took some work, but they allowed Muichiro to join them under the vow that he would never give anyone outside of their clan any information regarding the location of their clan in the Kazuyuki Mountains. Kimi and Kimiko were responsible for teaching him their way of life.

Muichiro would live in Kimi's mansion with Kimi and Kimiko.

...

A few months after Muichiro was brought into the clan, on a normal day, Kimi, Kimiko, and Muichiro were eating dinner together. They were eating rice and herbs, a typical meal in the Kazuyuki Clan.

"You learned the first seven forms of Ice Breathing much quicker than I expected," Kimi said.

"Yeah," Kimiko said. "It's amazing how quickly you managed to learn them..."

"Though I guess it should be expected," Kimi said. "You quickly plowed your way to the rank of hashira in just two months."

"Yeah, I guess so," Muichiro said. "Does this mean...?"

"It means you could, sometime in the future, learn the Ice Imbuing Technique and forge yourself a sword using it," Kimi said. "Yes, indeed, that is possible. However, there is something you should know about the Ice Imbuing Technique."

"What is it?" Muichiro asked.

"Only swords forged using the Ice Imbuing Technique are capable of performing the final three forms of Ice Breathing," Kimi said. "It draws out the full potential and power of Ice Breathing. However, the Ice Imbuing Technique is used to forge swords specifically for Ice Breathing and ONLY for Ice Breathing. No other breathing styles can be used with a unique sword such as that."

"Yes," Muichiro said. "I did expect that."

"It is also incapable of turning red," Kimi said.

"It is?" Muichiro asked.

"Yes," Kimi replied. "Swords forged using the Ice Imbuing Technique are incapable of being turned red. In order to turn a blade red, the blade must be heated to some degree, while swords forged using the Ice Imbuing Technique remain ice cold no matter what. They can be turned black, blue, or white, but never red. However, these blue blades are thought to have their own unique powers even aside from enhancing Ice Breathing as a breathing style."

"Interesting," Muichiro said.

"Yes," Kimi said. "It is interesting indeed."

"It seems almost... magical," Kimiko said. "Well, to me, anyway."

"Kazuyuki-san... Kimiko-chan... thanks for everything," Muichiro said. "For helping me during the hardest times of my life, and for bringing me into the Kazuyuki Clan."

"There's no need to thank me," Kimi said. "Everything I did was a choice."

"Me too," Kimiko said. "I chose to be your friend and to help you. It was my choice and no one else's."

Before long, they were finished eating dinner, and they soon went to their individual rooms.