I'm NOT Going Home

The service was soon over and we all met at her favorite river side after her burial. My mom, dad, and sister met Noah and they seemed to like him. Noah sang his song that he wrote for his friend Marquise at the river side. It was beautiful. When he was trying to find me, my mom pulled me aside.

"So hunny after were done here say goodbye to Noah and all his friends and family you've met. We packed your bags already. We're flying out to Indiana tonight." "What? You've gotta be kidding mom." "Unfortunately I'm not we sent you out here so you could help with Aunt Brenda and now there is no point of being here." "MOM THERE IS A POINT HERE! UNCLE PHILIP, JOHN, TYLER, JOSH, SHERRY, SHAWN, MARCO, NOAH EVEN! MOM I LOVE THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH PLEASE LET ME FINISH THIS SUMMER OUT WITH THEM!" "No you're making a scene we're flying out tonight and that's final." I stepped back, crossed my arms, and shook my head. "No." I said.

 "What did you just tell me?" "I told you no. I'm not leaving just because someone died. I have a boyfriend, family, and Noah's family here I'm not leaving." "When did you become one of these people?" "What do you mean one of these people? This place is where we came from mom we originated here this is the real home. I love it here and I don't want to go home. This is home.""Well it's not like you and Noah are going to stay together wen you come back home anyway." "Yes we were mom. Noah and I have talked about this an-" "And you two are just a bunch of dumb teenagers caught up in a summer love only to be ripped apart when you have to leave." "We're not dumb mom we know what we are getting ourselves into. I'm not leaving and I never want to. I like it here more than Indiana. The people here are way more accepting and welcoming. I've made some good friends through Noah here."

Noah was standing right behind my mom listening to everything we had to say to each other. "Noah is just a hillbilly boy you met online. How do you know he even feels the same?" "Maybe you haven't seen how much he cares because everyone else here does. When you packed my stuff did you not notice the giant teddy bear, or the sweatshirt, or the varsity jacket, or the Noah necklace that I'm wearing, or the cross necklace he gave me, or all the printed out photos of us he's taken, or the earrings? Dang Noah you've spoiled me rotten so much this summer." My mom's eyes got wide and turned to see Noah. "Not to be rude mam but, I may be a hillbilly from the South and I may do a lot of country things that you may not like, but when it comes to your daughter, I can't focus on anything but her. She is the sunlight and the moon. That's a metaphor for she's always there for me." "And mom, Noah is my world. That metaphor means he's everything to me and he's there to support me when stuff gets pulled from under my feet like you are right now." My mom looked shocked and just plain speechless. I know I beat her. She never goes speechless when we argue. I won." "Clearly I see now that this place means a lot so you can finish the summer out. I will take your stuff back to Aunt Brenda's. I will see you in August." With that my mom and my dad left but my sister and I said goodbye. I jumped in Noah's arms as he spun me in a circle. I was so glad I got something my way for once. I'm so happy I'm not going home....

For now at least...