Chapter 21

Akali bit back the lump of fear in her throat back, though she could feel it in her stomach. all day she couldn't sit still and kept wandering from room to room, checking in on the others to keep her mind busy. she had invited Shen and Ierila and her wife to come and join, and they had all stated they would come, though she was worried that her mom and Faey would come as well. currently she was with Kai'sa watching the dancer putting her makeup on. her leg was bouncing again as she fidgeted, listing to Kai'sa humming softly.

"akali, sit still love, what is going on?" akali immediately froze her movements her gaze dancing from the mirror to kai'sa. "j-just nervous.. i haven't preformed in front of a huge crowd like this.." "you will be fine akali i promise. you have preformed infront of people." "not this big Kai... this will be more than 3 thousand people.. the biggest i have every preformed infront of maybe 15 people..." Kai'sa looked over the nervous form of akali, before smiling softly and opening her arms in a invitation, one akali immediately accepted and quickly hugged the dancer gently. she relaxed immediately with a soft sigh. "you will be fine i promise, you got this. you are a amazing rapper and you will be amazing Hotshot." akali just nodded gently, and immediately jumped when someone knocked on the door. as it was pushed open, akali stepped away from the dancer, eyes on the door as Ahri walked in.

"ah i figured Akali would be in here, you two ready?" Kai'sa nodded and turned to close her makeup stuff. "i am, and yep akai was helping me get ready." Ahri chuckled softly and nodded. "we are just waiting on Evelynn, though she should be ready shortly." the rapper and dancer nodded softly and followed Ahri out of the room and downstairs. "you ready for your first live performance kali?" with that Akalis nerves came back again and she fidget slightly again. "i-im not sure.. im worried that ill mess up or something.. i know we practiced non-stop but still.." Ahri noticed and smiled softly gently patting the rappers shoulder softly. "you will be fine hotshot, you have been practicing so hard to learn and memorize this." "ye-yea but if i do end up messing up, it could ruin the groups reputation..." Kai'sa waked over and gently took Akalis hands. "you wont ruin the groups reputation, you know why? because you have been doing so good, you will be fine."

Eveylnn waled down the stairs in her own uniform and takes in the other three with a cool stare. "are you guys ready? we need to get there early to get set up and learn the list." Ahri nodded and started ushering them out into the garage. they got into Eveylnns sport car, Ahri sitting up front with eveylnn and kaisa and akali in the back. before long they had raced out of the driveway and into town. the older members of the group were caught up in a conversation of their own, talking with the manager and the manger of the event while akali sat silently. her leg was bouncing again and she kept glancing out of the window. Kai'sa noticed nd laid a gently hand on her thigh to calm her movements. which Akali was grateful for.

there was already a hug line of people waiting, some in the merch line while others where just waiting in the ticket line. eveylnn drove around the side and into the back were a few other cars and what looked like workers and security guards around. when they stepped out they where lead into a dressing room and where told they can wait here while the mangers talked ad figured out what to do. after abit ahri and eveylnn were called out to meet up. they had left AKali and Kai'sa in the room to relax abit, when they came back they were whispering softly. "alright guys, we are after Black Pink. make sure to drink some water before we go on stage please. your free to roam the backstage, just dont get in the way of the other artist or workers alright?" the others just nodded but Akali just stayed where she was. pulling out her phone she went through her instagram feed to try and waste time and distract herself from the performance.

a few hours later, a soft knock alerted the girls of a person. after Ahri called out that they could come in a security guard motioned for them to follow him. they all stood up and after making sure they were ready they followed the security guard to behind the curtains. "your net" he said in a gruff voice before her turned and walked away. Akali took a deep breathe and started bouncing on her feet, going over the moves in her head as she studied the other girls. Kaisa was doing some basic stretches, making her she would be loose enough to not pull anything. Ahri and eveylnn where both just talking to each other,, and glancing outside the curtain to the crowd. Ahri then turned to the younger girls and smiles. "okay you two, we got this remember? as long as you act like you know what your doing you will be fine. keep your voice strong and afterwards you can interact with the crowd for a few moments before we have to come backstage okay?" Akali nodded as Kai'sa confirmed her agreement. ahri smiled softly at them just as the group finished. making their way back, th other singers wishing them luck as the announcer started talking.

"and now, please welcome to the stage. K/DA!" the group walked out to their name, the screams of the crowd deafening before the chords of their song started. the girls took their stances before Akali stepped forward "You know who it is, Coming 'round again, You want a dose of this right now, It's K/DA, uh!" and they were off. Akali let the others take control as she waited for her pieces, following along to the dance moves she memorized by heart. she could feel a smile crawling along her face as she followed their moves perfectly. she took a chance to glance around the crowd and the smile grew as she saw some fans signing along and dancing along with them. as her rap part came up she stepped forward with a fake smirk, though her eyes shined as she started.
"Hey!
You ready for this?
(Let's go!)
See 언제든지 내 모습 magic
단 한 번에 내가 잡어, 절대 기죽지 않지 uh!
Pow, pow 니가 뭘 알어? (알아)
견딜 수 없어, 원해도 (해도)
원하는 게 얼굴에 보여
I'm trouble and you're wanting it
I'm so cold (so cold)
When I move that way, you gon' be so blown (so blown)
I'm the realest in the game, uh!
Say I'm on fire with a blade
You're about to hear my name
Ringing in your head like
Whoa-uh-uh, uh-uh-oh

she stepped back again and let Ahri and Eveylnn take the lead, her heart pounding in her ears as she followed along, making quick eye contact to Kai'sa who smiled reassuringly at her. as they finished the song, and struck their poses, the screams of the crowds deafened them once again. everyone moving closer to get closer to the idols. they leaned over the small stage and interacted faintly with the crowd before they left the stage for the next group. as soon as they were behind the curtain Ahri launched forward and brought Akali into a tight hug. "you did so good hotshot! you both did" Akali smiled faintly, the adrenaline rush not leaving her body yet but her stomach lurch. she hugged the leader back chuckling softly. "you guys ready to head home? we dont need to stay."yes, we should celebrate a amazin first concert!" Evelynn stated smoothly. "sounds good.. i think i left my phone in the changing room, but ill meet you guys at the car. "they nodded and akai pulled herself free heading back to the room and opening the door. the room was pitch black, though after turning on the light she found her phone rather quickly.

though she didn't see the person hiding in the shadows, not until a sharp pain flowered against her neck. she stumbled before falling to her knees, then to her side, phone dropping from her hands. the last thing she sees was black nd white sneakers before it went black.