Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Lied

I realized it was possible that the reason why I couldn't remember Yessabella of all people was because before my accident she was the only one in my mind and the pain of her betrayal.

And sometimes our brain may have the ability to protect us from pain...

I couldn't anymore stop my anger and doubts. Dahil palagi ko nang maiisip ang nagawa sa akin ng asawa ko at hindi ganoon kadali ang pagpapatawad. And she's not just any other person. She's my wife. Kaya talagang dadamdamin ko ang ginawa niya. Even when she tried to explain her side, mahirap pa rin para sa akin ngayon ang paniwalaan siya.

Betrayal and pain that comes from the ones you love I guess would be the most painful.

At lalo na kapag naiisip ko rin ang lalaki niya. How could the bastard still have the guts to show his thick face to us after all? Was he laughing at me because I couldn't remember anything and he thought that they could just continue to fool me. Not anymore. I'm glad that all of my memories have come back now.

I faced her again. We're still alone here in my private hospital suite. And I took the chance to finally talk to her about it all at once. Para matapos na rin ito.

"Leo..." She called my name again. At kahit ang pagtawag niya lang sa pangalan ko ay parang ayaw ko na ring marinig.

"I remember now. I remember every damn thing after I saw the fucking face of that stupid bastard ex of yours!" I just had to remind her that I can remember now. Everything that happened before my accident. Kaya ang sinasabi niya ngayon na kaya pa naming ayusin ito? She should really think about it first. Dahil iniisip ba niya na ganoon lang kadali na patawarin o kalimutan na lang ang ginawa nila sa akin? They made a fool out of me.

"At bakit nga ba nandoon 'yon sa birthday pa ng anak natin? Ginagago n'yo pa rin ba ako hanggang ngayon, Yessa?! Tingin mo ba dahil hindi ko agad naalala—Putangina!" I feel so frustrated and angry.

I tried to calm myself down earlier. Pero nang marinig ko na sinabi niyang kaya pa naming ayusin ito? Paano? Niloko niya ako at pinagmukhang tanga. Pinagsinungalingan niya ako. And now she acts like this matter was just as easy as that to deal? That she thinks we could just fix this like that? Tingin ba talaga niya ay basta lang ang ginawa niyang panloloko at pagsisinungaling sa akin?

And I refuse to be fooled ever again. I already gave her my everything. My time and my attention. I married her and we have a son. Maayos naman ang buhay namin noon pero sinira niya. Kaya nakakagalit lang na parang ang dali lang sa kaniya ngayon na sabihin na kaya lang naming ayusin ito, really? I don't know what she's thinking. But we're definitely not on the same page anymore.

Sinuntok ko na lang ang dinding sa tabi namin dahil sa frustration ko kaysa siya pa ang masaktan ko. At kagaya dati ay sinaksak ko lang din muli sa utak ko na ina pa rin siya ng anak ko. I didn't want Leon to know that I ever hurt his mom physically. Especially that she's still her mom.

Nagulat naman si Yessa sa ginawa ko at napasinghap siya. "Leo!" She called me worriedly.

I just looked at her.

And when she saw more of my anger she then explained to me again in panic. "I didn't know, Leo. Hindi ko rin alam na nandito siya—"

"Shut up!" I don't believe her.

I just couldn't believe her anymore...

Sometimes the pain that we have experienced can be blinding and can make our ears to close and not listen anymore.

"Nothing happened..." She could only say in the end.

"Nothing?" Seryoso ko siyang tiningnan.

At nagbaba naman siya ng tingin.

"Fine! Let's just say you didn't really fuck him in that fucking hotel that time!"

"Leo!" She looked at me like she's offended.

But I didn't care about even with my words anymore or the language I used. I know that I am mad right now. I just couldn't stop myself and my anger.

"But, nothing? Really, Yessa?" Nagpatuloy pa rin ako. "How about those times when you were lying to me and meeting that man in secret?! You lied to me! Many times! When you said that you were just meeting someone—your friend? Siya na ang kinikita mo noon, hindi ba? Bago ko pa man kayo noon nahuli sa isang hotel. Ilang beses ka nang nakikipagkita sa kaniya?! And didn't you touch him? Didn't you kiss him?! And how many times, Yessa?! Ilang beses kang humalik sa ibang lalaki habang kasal tayo?!—"

She couldn't deny it.

"You were also kissing and even bedding another woman while we're married, Leo?! Nakalimutan mo na ba? Noong wala ka pang maalala..." Nanghina rin ang boses niya sa huli.

I stopped and I looked at her. Pagkatapos ay napailing ako at bahagyang nag-iwas din ng tingin. "You also wouldn't be able to forgive me about that..." I said.

And she shook her. "No. No, Leo. Of course, I can forgive you. Wala ka namang maalala noon..."

I turned to her again. "Or it's just because you also did it with another guy that's why it's okay to you, right? Ano, Yessa? Para patas lang tayo?" Gusto kong matawa. Even if it wasn't funny at all. Our situation was just making me feel crazy.

Umawang naman ang labi niya at umiling siya sa akin habang may luha na namumuo muli sa mga mata niya. She wiped her tears with her hand before she looked at me again. "Hindi ganoon, Leo..." 

While I just shook my head and looked away for a bit. "We wouldn't be able to forgive each other's faults, Yessa... I don't know if I could forgive you... So maybe... maghiwalay na lang tayo..." I said it again in the end.

And her eyes widened at my decision. After that she shook her head fiercely. "No, Leo. We can't do that... Paano si Leon?" At nakuha pa niyang banggitin ang anak namin dito.

In the first place all this wouldn't have happened if she just stayed faithful to me and didn't cheat on me. Wala sana kaming problema ngayon at hindi sana nangyari ang lahat.

I turned to look at her again. "If you're only thinking about our son—"

She cut me off.

She shook her head again. "No. I'm not just thinking of Leon. Leo, I ended it with Carlos a long time ago because I realized that I was already in love with you..."

And I just looked at her after she said that. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe her anymore...

How could you really believe again the person who have already lied to you many times before? And this person was someone you truly cared about and someone you loved...

Author's note: Hi! Membership promo of 100 pesos only instead of 150 for new and returning members is extended until April 5, 2024. Read more chapters of this story Your Lying Heart in Facebook VIP Group now! To join, kindly send me a message on my Facebook account Rej Martinez or Rej Martinez's Stories page. Thank you for your support!