Chapter One

0.1

Fake it till you make it

BRADEN THORNFIELD WAS WELL AWARE OF THE RESTING BITCH FACE HE POSSESSED. In his defense it was his mother's fault for having such a firm stern look, otherwise known as a resting bitch face look.

Many times he had been told by his father to 'fix his face'. Most of the time Braden didn't even know he was doing it- for all he knew people looked at him weirdly- not vice versa. The sixteen year old boy remembered going into the restrooms during 'important family' events (which meant business meetings) and staring intensely at himself in the mirror.

He tried a simple sigh and a small smile- he remembers slightly scaring himself from the small in-genuine gestures he did. He promised himself he'd only have to do it for the 'family meeting'- He'd just prefer to say business meetings.

For that's all it was. Lots of people who worked for his dad came over at least once every two weeks. The mansion of the thronefield house would be filled with unwanted guests to Braden, but he had to be there. After all he was going to take over for his father one day- far into the future Braden would secretly hope.

He didn't hate the idea of having big responsibility at all. No, if anything- Braden wants to be a business man.

But it would sometimes send him over the edge every time his father expected more from him. Every big accomplishment Braden Thornfield smiled big at with a sense of pride- his father had just nodded and expected something even as or if not more greater than what his son had already accomplished. It gave Braden pressure to perform for his father- to always speak, look and act perfect no matter the circumstances.

Braden Thornfield could have multiple broken bones and a concussion and he'd still need to perform with outstanding colors.

In fact, he remembers a time when he was younger. He had finished his project for school way earlier then all the other kids. He remembers being forced to skip down a small hill at the park with other kids he didn't even know- he remembers not knowing how to skip and the fresh feeling of concrete hitting him hard against his face when he fall forward.

He remembers going home a couple of hours later at night with a concussion and bleeding fractured nose- he remembers trying to get some rest up in his room- but also remembers the icey cold stone look his father gave him.

The same one he'd give him when he wasn't perfect.

He had cleaned up all the dried up blood from his face that night and immediately started working on something new.