Chapter five

0.5

Your name is a number

DAY 58

His hazel eyes searched over the pages of his book as he wrote down the number of days he's been stuck in the apocalypse, 58 days in.

Only 7 weeks and 5 days. Yet, it feels like a lifetime already. Braden Thornfield had traveled to the day the apocalypse happens, yet- said boy manged to survive somehow.

It was the green light that saved him. Somehow a forcefield protected him, a big green orb saved him from the end of the world, the end of existence itself. He wondered how, the only conclusion was his time-travel machine.

The energy of the time-machine must have been building too much, must have drained everything else out and intertwined together, causing it to get overwhelmed with energy power, therefore sending Braden way into the future and giving him.... Abilities?

Braden Thornfield had soon realized the green light was coming from him, his time-travel machine must have directed it's energy to him, causing Braden to have unknown energy in his DNA.

And he couldn't even test himself to know the substance of said DNA, for this new world had gone to shit around him.

:(

Day 91

"Son of a bitch!" Braden hissed in pain as he fall back onto the mattress he found, the sudden goult of green backfiring on him not helping one bit.

He had been practicing with the new energy mixed into his DNA- wondering what in the hell he could actually do with it, aka powers. Braden didn't want to be naive with his power, he wanted to test it, practice it, take control of it. Even if he was the last person on earth- he still managed to survive- and if he continues surviving there's no limit to what can happen.

He sits up and looks around him, everything into existence is destroyed. Braden remembers trying to find the cause of it, he knows it was the moon but what caused the moon to break?

It had to be something, or perhaps someone?

He sighs deeply, running a hand through his messy brown hair. He looks around the little shelter he built along the way, with piles of books scattered, peaces of 'junk' Braden would most likely use to invent something with, a mattress he found not to long ago, a pile of canned food and scraps he could find.

He looks at the black backpack he sported with him through it all, his sword his father gave him peaking out of said bag. He grabs it and looks through it again, as if he's going to find the answers in there, but he doesn't. It's only his sword, binoculars, a map, a compass, his broken time-machine device- which he intends to try and fix for the 100th time, and a rope with a pack of glow sticks.