× Angelica ×

"It's a simple question, Colton

"It's a simple question, Colton." The older man pressed the end of the gun against my bleeding forehead, his finger resting on the trigger as my fiancée glanced at me with a loveable gaze. "Your future darling or the city."

The look in his eyes quickly changed as the man mentioned the city. I give Colton a desperate look as he lets out a sigh before turning back to the villain. "The city." He answered.

He answered in a way where he was going to make that choice either way. Like it was an obvious decision. The man's gun felt light against my head as he lowered it slowly, his gaze softened before he glanced at me for a second and back at my fiancée.

"What?"

The city.

He always told me I came first before the city. He told me he would protect me with his life... even if it meant the city would have to be destroyed. He lied.

My eyes stayed glued to the person I fell in love with. The blood that stained my forehead, began to roll down my temple, its thick liquid sliding down my cheek and dripping from my chin. I was beaten, bloody, and bruised but I was prepared for this.

I was prepared he'd come and save me from this monster. I've been in Hell for weeks and I thought he'd save me but I was wrong. The city was more important than the love of his life. Me.

With that being said, Colton gave me one last glance before turning around, his back facing me and he took off. No goodbye. No 'I love you,' and no 'I'll see you again.' He just... left.

"Idiot." I heard the man whisper, his gun still in hand but it was not pressed against my head. He knelt, his eyes looking at mine as his other hand gently met my cheek. He scoffed. The last thing I could remember was feeling something blunt against my head.

I fell forward, his arms wrapping around me and his hand resting in my hair. His whispers were the last thing I heard before blacking out completely; being consumed by the dark void.

"Sweet dreams, darling."