× Angelica ×

The air in my bedroom hung heavy with the scent of lilies and the faint metallic tang of fear

The air in my bedroom hung heavy with the scent of lilies and the faint metallic tang of fear. Lennox moved behind me, the silk of the uniform whispering against the delicate fabric of my dress. His hands, calloused and rough, brushed against my exposed skin, tracing the curves of my waist and hips. His touch was colder than the marble floor beneath my feet.

"It looks beautiful on you, my angel." Lennox purred, his voice like velvet laced with steel. "But the corset needs to be tighter."

He pulled the strings taut, watching as my breath hitched, my fingers gripping the bedposts. I could feel his smirk, he was like a predator, savoring the way my eyes widened with each pull. A low moan escaped my lips, a desperate plea lost in the silence of the room.

He tightened it more until my ribs were constricted, and my breathing ragged. Finally, with a flourish, he tied a bow with the string and rested his hands on my waist, now a mere whisper of its former size. His touch, though light, was suffocating. He was a spider, and I, his trapped fly.

"There, perfect," he whispered, his voice a caress in the air, laced with the venom of his intentions. His blue eyes were cold and calculating. He leaned closer, his breath a hot mist on my neck, the scent of his cologne like a sweet poison.

"Now," he hissed, his smile as sharp as a blade, "Let's see how beautifully you dance in this cage I have made for you."

My eyes were fixed on the window, the fading light of the setting sun painting the sky in hues of orange and crimson. The silk of the dress Lennox had chosen for me, a stark red that mirrored the dying light, felt heavy and oppressive against my skin. A morbid beauty it was, like the silk of a flower that had bloomed too soon, too close to its demise.

"Do you find it beautiful?" Lennox's voice, a low, dangerous growl against my ear, sent shivers down her spine. I flinched but didn't turn.

"As beautiful as a battlefield," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

He chuckled, a chilling sound, and my heart hammered against my ribs. He forced me to stand straight, my back pressed against his chest as he moved his hand to my neck, his touch possessive and cold. "How I imagine your crimson waters leaking from your neck," he whispered, his breath hot against my ear. "A beautiful spectacle, wouldn't you agree?"

He leaned down, brushing his lips against my neck. "I want to taste you, my angel."

My body shivered at the sound of his words. I felt a sharp pang of pain as his teeth pierced my skin, drawing a bead of blood.

A low groan escaped his lips as he tasted me. I flinched, but instead of pulling away, I leaned further into his touch.

Lennox's tongue traced the small wound, tasting the remnants of my blood.

My breath caught in my throat. Despite my terror, I couldn't deny the forbidden desire that flickered within me.