× Lennox ×

I paced back and forth in the garden, my thoughts consumed with the beautiful woman I had taken hostage

I paced back and forth in the garden, my thoughts consumed with the beautiful woman I had taken hostage. Angelica, the fiancee of the hero I despised, was now trapped in my hands. It was all part of my plan to get back at the hero for foiling my previous schemes.

But as days passed, I found myself drawn to Angelica's innocence and kindness. I had always been a cold-hearted man, but something about her made me feel... different. I tried to suppress these feelings, reminding myself of my initial plans, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

Angelica, on the other hand, was terrified when she was first captured by me. But as time went by, she started to see a different side of me. I would often bring her food and make sure she was comfortable. Although I never showed any emotion, Angelica could sense a small part of me opening up to her.

It was a sunny day in the garden, with colorful flowers blooming all around. Angelica was sitting in the grass, taking in the beauty of the garden. I watched her with curious eyes from a distance, my heart racing at the sight of her enchanting beauty. I slowly made my way towards her, unsure of how to start a conversation.

Finally, I sat down beside her, and Angelica looked at me with curiosity. "The flowers here are beautiful." I finally spoke, my voice gruff and cold as usual. But Angelica seemed to have sensed a hint of sincerity in my words. The breeze brushed through the garden, allowing the flowers to dance.

"Yes, they are." She replied with a hushed voice, grateful for the small talk. "Do you have a favorite?"

I thought for a moment before pointing at a bright red rose that was grouped with the midnight black roses. "That one."

I take in a breath and bring my knee up so I can rest my arm on it. "Love makes people do regretful things, doesn't it? Like, leave."

I noticed how her eyes widened at my words and how quickly the tears formed. I didn't know why I felt guilty, but I quickly pushed the feeling away.

She sniffled a little and looked down at the grass, her hands brushing through it. "Yes, it can make us do things we never thought we were capable of."

Unable to resist, I leaned forward, close enough for her to tense at the sudden feeling of me being so close to her. She looked up at me, her eyes wide with fear and curiosity. I swallowed and smirked a bit.

But instead of harm, I offered her a simple compliment. "You are like a painting, Angelica. A masterpiece of perfection."

She couldn't help but allow her tears to roll down her cheeks and smile a bit at my words. It was a strange feeling, to see her smile, even if it was a small smile, one no one would would notice, it was weird to see her smile.

I continued to stare at her, my gaze hard and unyielding. "It still confuses me how a man like him would leave a painting such as yourself." My tone was bitter, almost resentful.

I noticed her endless tears and without hesitation, I wiped them away with my hand.

"Do not cry, dear. You'll upset the flowers," I said in a gentle tone that surprised Angelica.

We continued to sit on the grass, surrounded by the beauty of nature, and for the first time in a long time, I felt at ease. Angelica, too, seemed to have found comfort in my company. A sense of peace filled my heart as we watched the butterflies flutter around and the bees buzzing from flower to flower.