× Angelica ×

I was a prisoner, but I refused to let my captor see me broken

As I sat in the small, dark glass box, the hunger pains in my stomach grew stronger with each passing moment. I tried to distract myself by focusing on anything else, but my growling stomach reminded me of my desperate need for food.

Lennox, sitting across from me, seemed to take pleasure in my suffering. He smirked as he flipped through the pages of the book, occasionally taking a small sip of his tea. I could see the steam rising from the cup, and the delicious aroma made my mouth water.

I wondered how long I had been there, trapped in this hellish place. It felt like an eternity since I had eaten a proper meal. Lennox had taunted me with small scraps of food, barely enough to keep me alive. But as the days passed, even those meager portions had ceased.

My hands trembled as I clutched my stomach, willing the hunger pains to subside. I knew I couldn't survive much longer without food, but I refused to give my captor the satisfaction of seeing me beg.

But as the hours dragged on, my resolve began to crumble. I was exhausted and weak, and my body was starting to shut down. I couldn't hold out any longer.

With tears in my eyes, I finally spoke up. "Please, can I have something to eat? I-I can't go on like this."

The villain chuckled, setting down his book. "I was wondering how long you'd last. You don't seem like the type to give in easily."

"Please," I pleaded again. "I'm starving."

He stood up and walked over to me, a smug grin on his face. "You know, I've been waiting for you to beg. But now that you finally have, I think I'll make you wait a little longer."

He turned and walked away, leaving me alone with her hunger and despair. I closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears. I refused to let this villain break me, but as each minute passed, I felt myself slipping away.

But just when I thought I couldn't hang on any longer, the villain returned with a tray of food. I couldn't believe my eyes as he opened a slot and slid it toward me.

"Enjoy your meal," He said, a smug smile still on his face.

I devoured the food, feeling my strength return with each bite. I refused to show any gratitude to my captor, but deep down, I was grateful for the brief respite from my starvation.

As I finished my meal, I looked up at Lennox. "Why did you finally give in?"

He shrugged. "Honestly? I was getting bored of watching you suffer. Plus, I figured you'd be more entertaining when you're not on the verge of passing out."

I rolled my eyes, but a small part of me was grateful for his twisted sense of mercy. I will never forget the lesson I learned during my time as his prisoner: never underestimate the power of hunger.