A taste of home.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I've been contemplating adding a chapter in the book that delves deeper into the character of Na-Rae's mom, Areum. While she's been mentioned in previous chapters, I haven't painted a vivid picture of who she is. So, in this chapter, let's explore more about Areum:

Areum is not just an ordinary mom; she's a single parent, a resilient woman who owns a thriving bakery. Turning her passion into a successful business, she dedicates countless hours to baking, ensuring that her creations delight taste buds all day long. Na-Rae holds a special place as one of her favorite taste testers. Areum knows her daughter's discerning palate and appreciates Na-Rae's honest opinions when it comes to trying new things. So-Yeon, the other daughter, also lends her taste buds, but she leans towards a less sweet tooth, often playfully passing her verdict on the sweetness level to Na-Rae.

She's a deeply loving and caring mother, and Areum maintains constant communication with her daughters. There isn't a day that goes by without a message or a call to check on how their day is unfolding. While she can be a bit overprotective at times, her devotion to her daughters is unwavering. Areum's playful side shines through, occasionally adopting the role of a big sister or a best friend. Despite the teasing, the girls cherish these moments, forming a tight-knit, happy family of three. Their bond is unbreakable, and no external force can ever sever the ties that bind them.

Tragically, Areum was diagnosed with cancer approximately six months before Na-Rae's debut. She left the world early in the journey of BTS, a time when the impact of her loss rippled through the lives of both girls, though we've primarily followed Na-Rae's story. So-Yeon, initially grappling with her struggles, eventually found the strength to be a pillar of support for her sister, witnessing Na-Rae's descent into grief.

Even facing the harsh reality of her illness, Areum meticulously planned for her daughter's well-being, ensuring they would be taken care of even in her absence. Until her last breath, she stood as an unwavering guardian for her girls. Areum, in the eyes of everyone who knew her, was a beacon of love and care, ready to put everything aside to weave a happy fairytale for her daughters. Betrayed by her husband, Areum's determination to shield her babies from harm remains unmatched. She is, and always will be, their protector.

__________________A little reminder that this happens before their debut

__________________
A little reminder that this happens before their debut. So Na-Rae is around 14 years old...

The day zipped by like a bullet train, and despite the weight of anticipation that came with their debut, the group made their way toward the building with a sense of purpose. Na-Rae and Jungkook, now integral parts of the pickup routine, were enjoying the spring air that surrounded them. The sun, with its radiant warmth, cast a shimmering golden color over everything, creating a breathtaking canvas for the day ahead, even though they would be spending most of the day inside.

Na-Rae found solace in the feeling of the sun's warmth on her skin, but prolonged exposure made her uncomfortable, as it caused her skin to become itchy and burn easily. She wasn't too concerned about getting a tan, but she'd sweat a lot if she stayed in the sun too long and that's what she didn't like. However, she didn't mind sweating during her daily dance practices, where she would often push herself to the limits, striving to perfect her craft. It was ironic that she avoided the sun but willingly embraced the sweat-inducing beats of hip-hop, a genre that demanded speed and stamina. Her group wasn't the stereotypical "girly-girly" type, a bit obvious when there were like 7 boys. But the Hip-hop beats were a perfect fit for Na-Rae, who reveled in the intense and exhilarating movements, even if it meant beads of sweat were a constant companion.