Wedding vibes... (1/3)

- *

- *...* -

Na-Rae stood before the mirror, feeling like she was in a dream. Her dress was like something out of a fairy tale – made of soft cream-champagne satin that shimmered in the light. The neckline was sweet, curving delicately around her collarbones, while the off-shoulder, lace sleeves added a touch of classic beauty. And oh, 3D floral applique truly stole the show! They were like something from a garden in full bloom, trailing down the bodice and into the skirt. 

But getting to this moment hadn't been easy. When she and Yeonjun announced their engagement, it was like the whole world was watching even stronger than ever before. Suddenly, everyone wanted to dress her for the big day – big designers, famous labels, you name it. It was flattering, sure, but it was also overwhelming. There were so many choices, and so many expectations, that Na-Rae found herself drowning. She doubted for a second if this was it, did she want all this?

One night, the pressure became too much. She sat at her coffee table, surrounded by sketches and different lists, and just cried. It seemed like finding a solution to anything, even the simplest decision like what to serve for a meal, was an unmanageable task.

Then, amidst the chaos of her swirling thoughts, her anchor appeared beside her. Without a single word, he simply enveloped her in his comforting embrace. It was as if his mere presence eased the storm raging within her. Nestled against him, she found solace, and soon, her worries spilled out in a torrent of words. She cried out about the overwhelming tasks ahead – the guest list felt like an endless maze – they knew so many people, how could they possibly decide who to invite and who to leave out? Then came the dilemma of decor – the allure of a green-gold theme clashed with the serene beauty of white-wooden colors. Indoor or outdoor venue? They were torn between embracing Korean traditions or opting for a more international flair. And the logistics seemed never-ending – arranging hotels for guests, planning the menu, selecting gifts... The list stretched on, each item adding to her anxiety.

Yeonjun listened patiently, his touch a soothing balm to her tattered nerves. When she finally ran out of words, he spoke softly, his gaze brimming with love and understanding. "You're not alone in this, Jagiya," he reassured her, his voice a gentle caress. "We're in this together. While I may not be able to help with the dress, that's your domain, I know you well enough to say that you prefer comfort the most. Why not ask Noona for help? Young-jin has been with you through thick and thin, she knows your style better than anyone."

His words resonated with her, prompting Na-Rae to consider his suggestion. "This is our wedding, and all we want is for it to reflect who we are," he continued, his voice steady and reassuring. "The guests, they'll come to celebrate us, not to dictate our choices. Let's make a pact today – we'll decide on the essentials and take our time with the rest. We'll make a list, and every day, we'll check something off. Even if it takes a year, we'll do it together, at our own pace. Today we do the most important task... picking a date."