Chapter 6: You're a Sight For Sore Eyes

Ailyn POV:

"Ailyn." I hear my dads voice. "Ailyn, wake up. We don't gotta lot of time."
Opening my eyes to my father kneeling next to me.
"Dad?" I look around and notice we're on Kiffu.
"what's going on?"

His warm smile shining down on me. "You look worse for wear daughter."

"Hehehe, yeah I've seen better days. When did we get to Kiffu? Wait.. when did you get back?" I bombarded him with my questions.
"Heh, well not exactly." He scratches the back of his head with a weird look.
Chuckling at his face I reply "then what is this? A Vision?"
"Urmm.. Not.. really. But you have gotten a lot stronger, Ailyn."
"Yeah.." I look away ashamed of how I've come so far.
"Something wrong?"
"It's just.. you've been gone for a really long time father. My training completely stopped when you left."

"Has it?" He says like he doesn't believe me.

I look at him in bewilderment. "I mean.. yeah? You were my master? And I don't want a new master, I want you to teach me."
"You wouldn't be able to talk; let alone see me so clearly if you haven't been keeping up with your training. I didn't finish this part of my teaching to you and you grasped the concept anyways. I have to say I'm impressed, but I will also say keep an open mind."
"Well, you shouldn't be proud of me.."
"And why's that?"
"Because.." he waits patiently for me to explain.
Sighing and turning my body away. I tuck my knees to my chest staring at the vibrant green grass fluttering in the wind.
"..do you remember the sith holocron we found on Lehon?"
He nods "I do."
"Well.. I.." there was a long pause before he seemingly understood what I meant.
"I see." He rubs his chin deep in thought. "And you think I'd be disappointed that you opened and used it?" I nod. "I can tell you I'm not, I gave it to you for a reason."
"What do you mean?" My head snaps up to make eye contact.

He's silent for a long while. Just as I was about to speak up he replies. "Look, go to Dathomir; remember your training, find your center, and search within."

"Dathomir? Why?"

"You'll know why when you get there. Inspect all you can. Don't. Rush it." He places his giant hand on my head ruffling my locs. Making me swat away his hand.

"Well I might have to "rush it" because a crazy lady has been chasing me lately, I think she may know I have the holocron. Or she knows something, she mentioned mom." This catches his full attention, the joking mannerisms disappear as he stares at me thoughtfully.
"This crazy lady, does she have red hair, green eyes, and pink lightsaber?"

"Yup, that would be her. Not too bad on the eyes either. I mean I've never seen a woman THAT developed before." This makes him snicker and wiggle his brows "what about that mando chick you couldn't shut up about?"
"Well.. it doesn't hurt to look does it? Besides, does it even count if we haven't spoken in years? I seriously doubt she still feels that way about me anymore."
He shrugs "me and your mom did it, a lot actually. There were times we went years without speaking to each other, but that doesn't mean love wasn't still there. Don't give up hope on it, but be mindful of your feelings. You know what I've said about attachm—"
"Yeah yeah, attachments lead to the dark side. The dark side leads to pain yadda yadda yadda.. but it's not that dad.. it's what she said that bothers me.."
"The Mandalorian?"
"No, what?" He just shrugs. "The Imperial father, whoever she is."