Chapter 8: Deception

Khaleen POV:
"Mother!" I hear the voice of Tristan as he comes barreling through the doors to the war room.

"Mother!!!" Ursa stands with her arms held out to calm a panicked Tristan. A look of concern plaster on her stern feature.
"What is it Tristan?"
"That, girl!"

Oh boy, Ailyn what have you done now?

I can't take her anywhere without there being some kind of complication. She's going to be the death of me one day, by being so reckless.

"What girl?"
"Sabine's girlfriend."
Ursa sighs, returning to her throne with her hand cradling her head. "Tell me what happened?" She asked tiredly.
"She attacked me with her lightsaber!"
"What?!" Ursa and I say in unison.
We give each other a glance "why?" I speak up.
"Why don't you ask her? She's crazy!"
"Khaleen?" Ursa says my name in a worrisome tone. "I'll handle it."

"Ailyn?" I call her on coms.
"Yes, mother?" I hear her annoyed voice come through the speaker.
"Where are you?"
"In the room I was given?" she sassed making me pinch the bridge of my nose.
"Ok... well stay there. We need to talk. What were you thinking? Attacking Tristan." My voice stern, feeling disappointed in my daughter for not even lasting a day before causing a problem.
"What?" she replied in disbelief. "I didn't attack him! He attacked ME first!"
She's really testing my patience.

Why would he do that if she didn't provoke him?

"Mhm, I'll be there shortly."
Standing to go talk some sense into my daughter I hear another voice come through.
"Khaleen, it's Sabine. Don't listen to what my brother says, there's more to it than that. Will you meet me in the war room?"
"Sabine? You sound all grown up. Should've known you'd be with my daughter." I say chuckling because when they're around each other they're tied to the hip.
"Yeah, well just hang tight, I'll explain what happened. Will you bring my mother also?"
"We're both here already along with your brother, we'll see you soon."
I turn to look at Tristan who's cowaring under his mothers gaze. I go to speak but Ursa beats me to it "if you have something to say, boy, now would be the time."

Her eyes slicing through her son's defiance as he looks away from us.

His guilty look gives me an unsettling feeling.
I really hope I didn't just accuse my daughter of doing something that really wasn't her fault. Our relationship is strained enough, it's just so hard to keep her on the right track.
Without her fathers guidance she's been a bit unruly, and very angry. Which I do understand to a certain extent. I'm trying to make her understand that she can't just go beating, and killing people she doesn't agree with. I don't know what to do to reel in her anger. She's scaring me, I don't want to lose my daughter to the darkness. Without Quinlan here there's no one to help her see the way.

We turn to the door when we hear Sabine come through.

"What has my daughter done?" walking up to the young woman I can see why my daughter is infatuated with her. She is quite the beauty.

"No, it's not like that." She gestures towards her brother with her hands. "We were going to go spar when Tristan saw us walking out of her room." She goes to explain but gets cut off by her mother, making everyone stare at Ursa.
"And what were you doing in her room?"

Sabine turns to her mother with red cheeks and a shocked face to match. I have to hold back my laughter at the entertaining scene before me.
She should already know the answer to that. Both of our daughters' defiance in orders showed just how strong their bond is. I'm happy Ailyn has someone like Sabine looking out for her. I also worry because I feel Ailyn is already tethering, and Sabine can either push or pull her to the darkness.