Chapter 9: May the Force Be With You

Ailyn POV:
I hear a knock on the door "come in" my voice low and my head hangs along with it.
"Hey, our moms wanted to talk to you. To apologize."
"Whoopie." My monotone voice rang out as I twirled my hand around in faux celebration. So pointless, they wouldn't have to apologize if I was believed the first time.
Am I really that bad of a person?
Sabine walks to me crouching in front of my knees "it's a start."
She gives me a small smile while caressing my thighs in a comforting manner.
"Do you want to go now? Or do you want to wait?"

"I don't want to go."

"Ok.. Do you want me to give you some space?" she says standing hugging one of her arms.

"No, I want you to stay, don't leave me alone, please." I rushed out looking up at her. "Will you sleep with me? I mean like actually sleeping... not—the— uh... yeah..."

"I can do that, even though this bed sucks" she laughs at my babbling, and lends out her hand. I take it slowly standing to my feet. Wincing when my wound pulses.

"Are you tired now or do you want to talk?"
She steadys me with a hand on my back.

"I am tired, I just want to sleep." She helps me lay down and I grunt trying to get myself comfortable. She gently lays herself facing me.
I smile, taking in her beauty while I still have the chance.

She speaks up "why do I get the feeling you're leaving?"

"Because I am."

"What about helping us out?"

"I'm not wanted here, and obviously my mom not taking my side confirms that she really doesn't trust me. So this battle isn't mine to fight, I'm going to try and find my father. I'm sorry, Sabine."

"I don't blame you, but will you at least hear our mothers out before leaving?"

"Only if you promise not to tell my mom what I'm planning."

"No promises Ailyn, but I will try."

"There is no try, you either are or aren't."

"I won't." She says with an eye roll.

"Good, I'll hear them out, but honestly I think it's best I wait until I'm in a clearer headspace."

"There's a briefing tomorrow for the rescue of my father, I'm sure they'll have a lot to say before it starts."

I nodded, shutting my eyes.

"What about your wound?"

"I'll take care of it."

"How are you going to do that by fighting?" She sassed causing me to open my eyes and sigh.

"I've fought with much worse, ya know."

"No, I don't know that. Ailyn—

"Trust me... I'll be okay." She gives me a prolonged look before reluctantly nodding.

"If you say so..."

I give her a smile which she returns. Scooting closer to peck my lips. "Get some rest." I nod, closing my eyes. It wasn't long before I succumbed to a deep slumber.