Chapter 10- Pat my head too

After eating breakfast I washed the dishes as usual. I've been thinking about Sir's warning earlier. Did I said something wrong? This big mouth of mine is really annoying sometimes, I thi k I still have to work in my communication skills because I'm really bad at it.

Actually aside from Jena, Miya and Niya I only had conversation to Sir. I never had a long conversation to anyone other than Sir. Am I being too close? But I'm just telling the truth though...

".."

Just I thought, I'm really bad in communications. I better study about proper way of talking so that I won't unknowingly offends someone.

After cleaning I went to the labolatory because Sir said he had something he wants me to do.

The door is alreadt open so I just came inside.

"Woww..." I'm so amazed of the equipment and the solutions in the shelf. Ow! My book is on the table! Doea it means Sir saw it in the office right? Nevermind, I'll just keep quiet unless he asked me where I got this.

"Zedayah there's a lab gown in the cabinet, make sure to wear gloves and face mask. Humans are sensitive to poisons so be careful or else you'll die" He said and I just did as he said.

I looked liked a real alchemist now.

"Sir why you're not wearing protective-

"I'm immune in all kinds of poison so I'll be fine" he said. Wow... that's amazing..

"Sir if I'll drink your blood will I gain immunity too?" I asked and he gave me a poker face.

"Nope, you'll likely die" he said. Yeah, there's no short cuts.

"Sir have you heard about meridian blockage curse?" I asked and he nodded.

"Human with that curese will start producing meridian bloclage poison through their blood while they're growing, they can't accumulate mana because of the blockage and it's a curse from a black witch and it's incurable" He said and I'm not surprised at all because I already knew that.

"Then what will happen to cursed person if they can't be cure" I asked cause there's no record about it since it's been two hundred years since the last case happened and the records was bunt during the war against the black witches two centuries ago.

"They'll die painfully" he said and I just sighed. I'm not sad because I'm still alive and well. I won't give up easily. Just because they haven't invented a cured does not made it incurable. All I need to do is create my very own cure or at least to minimize the symptoms. I'll make it and I'll make sure of it. I'm already suffering now that I'm still alive and I don't want to feel pain even in my last day.

"What are you thinking just now?" Sir asked- ow he's wearing mask now.

"Nothing Sir, I'm currently studying about that curse " I said and he frowned.

"Goodluck" he said. Even Sir is certain that it's incurable but I won't give up.

We started our research. He's asking me to make a potions to that chould make someone smell like woods...

"..."

Seriously? He's already smells like the entire forest yet he's also interested with wood scents?

"Try to make it uncented for humans" He said and I'm so done.

"How could I test my work when even I, can't smell it?" I muttered .

"Then make counter potions againts aprhosidiac" He said and I just nodded.

Whatever Sir.

"And make some that works in human and elf too" he added.

"Okay Sir" I can see my soul flying away.

I focus studying his research papers while I'm making potions in the pot. His ingredients are very potent and it's more likely poison than a potion.

After spending eight hours in the lab I finally succeeded. I even ate lunch in the labolatory because I can't leave my boiling pot alone earlier. My arms are about to fall...

"..."

"Sir I think I made a proper one now" I gladly said and hand the potion to him. He tasted and he smelled it.

"Grade B potion, not bad for a newbie" He said and I'm kinda happy because he complimented me.

"..what?" Sir asked me because I'm staring at him. I'm shy but..

"Sir pat my head too, my father always doing that to my brothers when complimenting them" I said and he looked at me intensely. W-why? Am I askeing too much?

"So I'm like your father now?" he asked and I laughed. He also knew how to joke .

"No Sir, your like a great great grandfather-akk!"

"I maybe old but in my kind I'm just in my early thirty's human appearance" he said and instead of patting my head he just messed my hair but I don't hate it.

After that day we become closer. We ate breakfast together every morning and I'm meeting him every after lunch at his office in the school. I'm also eating dinner with him every night and it's all a take out food from the canteen. Just like that I'm waking up being excited to live everyday.

...

"Hey stopped staring at Professor's face" Jena said while her hand is on my eyes. We're actually in the middle of Sir's class now. It's been a week since we decided to sit together in the back. Yeah, I made a new friends thank to our deadly experience in the black forest.

"Stop it Jena, Zedy will cry if you do that hahahha" Miya said and I'm so embarrassed cause they keep teasing me everyday.

They knew that I'm working as professor's assistant and they promised to keep it secret cause the other students might envy me and start messing my school life, that's troublesome for me.

"Zed why I can smell woods on your body?" Niya asked...

"..."

I actually tried to make the wood perfume which Sir asked me ti do last time but it exploded when I missed the right timing and they went into my body. Fortunately it's not a poison so I could remove it by washing intensely.

"It's musk perfume" I said and she bougth my lies.

Just like that, I can't concentrate during class because the three keeps talking about how handsome my Boss is.

"..."

He's really handsome though...

To be continued...