chapter five: who is he?

Me, Max and Alex are sat watching tv round ours, the race at the weekend wasn't brilliant. Max came P6 and Lando p5, so results weren't great on our end. Problem with the car. Alex has comes to cheer Max up because he is in a foul mood.

"I can't believe fucking Leclerc got P1" he says taking a sip of his beer. I push my lips together and don't answer. "I know he's a dick" Alex says encouraging Max. Max turns to me, "She doesn't think so" he says glaring. It's not been great between me and max the past week. "Max I'm sorry. It's not gonna happen again. I told you we had a built up love for each other that neither of us could pursue and I think it just got to the point where it was killing Charles" I say truthfully. Max scoffs, "Love?" He says. I bow my head. "Melody. You know nothing about love. It was merely a friendship that Charles decided he wanted to take further to piss me off" he says taking another swig.

Alex shoots me a look. He doesn't know I saw him last week and stayed round. But he does know, about a few weeks ago when we fucked. Which is never a good case when it's your brothers best friend. Speaking off Lando, I look down to see he's messaged me.

 Speaking off Lando, I look down to see he's messaged me

For gods sake. Truthfully. I thought we'd done with this last week. "Who are you texting" max says putting his beer down. I force a smile, "A friend" I say standing up. "And where are you going?" Max asks getting angry. "To see my friend" I say forcing another smile. Alex nods, "See you later mate!" He says. I go to walk away and my phone falls out my pocket. Fuck. Max picks it up and goes to unlock my phone. "Since when did you have a password?" He asks. I shrug, "Never know who could have my phone fall into their hands" I say and smile before walking past him. "Home by 11." Max says making me turn around as he's leaning on the sofa. "Max you can't give me a fucking curfew" I say throwing my hands down. He looks to me and smiles, "I can. And I have. Back by 11" he says. Alex looks to me and shrugs. Max is such a dick.

I storm out and walk down the hallway. When I get to the reception I get a cab from Max's to Lando's. I get in the lift to go to the penthouse. As the doors open, I see Charles stood inside. "Melody?" He says. "Charles" I say flabbergasted. He wraps his arms round my waist, "I can't believe it's you. I've missed you" he says kissing my cheek. I smile, "I've missed you too Charles" I say. "Why are you in this hotel? Mi amor I thought you were staying at *******" he asks scanning my eyes. I shrug, "Yeah well. Just. Visiting a friend" I say. He nods, "Sure sure. What level. I'll click it for you" he asks. I bite my lip, "oh no worries I can do it" I say leaning over. He holds me closer to him, "My love, I'll press it" he says chuckling. Fuck sake. "The second to top floor" I say grinning. I can walk a floor to Lando's apartment it's fine. Charles presses the button and we stand. He slides his arms round my waist and pulls me close to him, "I love you" he says. My mouth drops, "You love me? Like love love" I say. He nods, "Always have always will" he says. I squeal and kiss his lips gently. I do love Charles. I'm sure I always will.

The elevator door opens, "No fucking way" I hear a voice say. Me and Charles startle and break from the kiss turning our head to see Lando stood sucking his teeth. "Oh fuck Lando you can't tell Max" Charles says panicking. Lando stares to me, "Unless you go right now Charles. I will tell Max" he says. I shake my head at him so angry. "I will go. I'm sorry Melody. Again. I love you. I'll see you soon" he says before darting off. My eyes trail to where Charles goes, "Bye" I mutter under my breath. "Are you coming or what" Lando says crossing his arms. I glare to him, "What the fuck is wrong with you" I say going to leave. He takes my hand in his and pulls me back to him so our faces our inches apart. "Just because you've kissed someone else. Doesn't mean I forget your mine." he says slowly. I let out a little gasp and he wraps his arms round my waist guiding me back to his. We get inside and he closes the door behind us.