6. Broken leg

"Baby!" Boyo shouted from afar as she saw the four men.

Bern was all smiles to see his girlfriend walking towards them. He was happy that she found him before he found her.

He opened his arms to hug her, smiling ear to ear. But his smile faded when his girlfriend walked past him and went to another guy.

"Baby, your Phi saai broke his leg and is not willing to head to the hospital. Go and convince that  stubborn ass to go have his leg checked out." Boyo said as she panted heavily from all the running.

"Bobo, catch your breath first." Anwit said worriedly "What happened to Phi?"

"He tripped on some marbles and has a swollen leg. Someone told him that it might be a fracture. But he isn't willing to go to the hospital because he is worried that he might be late. Please go and drag him to the hospital because I can't. I have an urgent meeting to attend." Boyo explained.

"Okay, I will go check on him," Anwit said and ran to his brother's office.

Boyo finally let out a sigh of relief. She was really worried about her friend's condition but couldn't accompany him to the hospital as she was stuck at work.

She was stunned when she noticed that her boyfriend was standing right in front of her. She had totally forgotten that he was coming over. "Babe, when did you get here?"

Bern wasn't a prejudiced person. But seeing the way Kitty had treated Sarth and the way Boyo was addressing the other guy as 'baby', it didn't sit well with him. 

"We just got here a few minutes ago," Sarth replied seeing that Bern was quiet.

Boyo turned towards the owner of the voice. "Oh? You are... Kitty's boyfriend, right?" She vaguely remembered being introduced to him at Kitty's birthday party.

"Ex-boyfriend. We just broke up" Sarth answered with a huge smile.

"Oh really?" Boyo grabbed his hands and shook them, mirroring the smile. "Congratulations. I am so happy for you! How did it happen? Did you walk in on her?"

Sarth scratched his cheeks seeing Boyo's excitement. "Kind of" he replied awkwardly.

"Thank god, you did and thank god that you broke up with her," Boyo said. "Actually, I long wanted to tell you how much of a bitch she was a long time ago but I didn't know how to breech the topic since we are not close."

"Oh?" Sarth found the young lady in front of him very likeable.

Boyo gasped "Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I am Boyo, Bern's girlfriend."

"I am Sarth. Bern's friend." Sarth moved towards Mihit. "And this is Mihit. Also Bern's friend."

"Oh, it's you!" Boyo exclaimed.

"You guys know each other?" Sarth asked looking alternatively between Boyo and Mihit.

"No, we don't know each other," Boyo answered. "Actually, a while ago he helped my friend. That's how you know him."

"Your friend?" Mihit asked.

"Yes, the one you caught while falling. If you hadn't, he would have fallen flat on his face and had his nose bridge broken." Boyo paused and giggled. "He would have looked funny if that happened. Anyway, thank you na Nong. For your help."

Mihit quickly rememebered the tiny doe eyed guy he helped earlier. He felt that 

Bern cleared his throat to catch his girlfriend's attention. 

"Oh, babe did you get a cold?" Boyo asked hearing the cough.

"He is just jealous that he is left out," Sarth answered with a chuckle. "By the way, we are going to the club to celebrate my break-up. Do you want to join us? My treat."