Welcomed

Mary Jo POV

Remember when I told you that I wasn't a clueless hillbilly?
Yeah well, forget it! I am. I mean it.

It's a sin to be arrogant like that. I thought I'd seen it all at college. The parties, the drinking and the sex. Being away from home for some months made think I'd know what the outside world would look like. I thought maybe it had prepared me for something out here.

But nothing prepared me for this.
Las Vegas!

They call it 'Sin City'. I bet it is. This city was build right on the gates of hell. Like father Sebastian used to tell us. It was were the sinners came to drink, gamble, and fornicate.

Buildings are so huge, so tall, jutting into the sky like a column of fire. Many are themed after places I have read about. There's an Eiffel Tower, a Pyramid, And so so many other unique and ornate looking buildings.
I can't draw my gaze back from the window as our bus approaches. And all I can think is how beautiful this city is.

I look at Izzy. He's sleeping beside me. His face illuminated in blue and red light from the neon signs outside. In contrast to this morning, he seems peaceful now. I wonder what's always troubling him.
He seems like a man with so much on his mind.
I find myself thinking of a way to make him smile. He should smile. I bet he has a wonderful smile.

Not that smirk he's giving me a lot. That just makes him dark and desperate. But he is my dark angel. My dark angel that is taking me to the City of Sins.
This must be fate, right? And even if it's not, I don't want to miss any of it. Even if I'll go straight down to hell for it. I know it has to be worth it.

When the bus stops, I follow Izzy out. I can't stop looking at these huge buildings. It's hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Everything is so bright like it's daytime. I have never seen so many lights before. They all dance and flash and draw your attention. I glance down at myself. I feel a little weird in Izzy's clothes, but I like the pants. I can barely remember the last time I wore some. I straighten my hair out over my shoulder and softly nudge Izzy to wake him.

"Izzy...wake up, we're here."

His eyes open and that peaceful look is completely swept away. It's replaced with those furrowed eyebrows seated in concern.

He sighs, "Come on," And picks up his guitar.

We exit the bus and take off walking down the street. "MGM is like a few blocks," he says. "Stay with me, honey. Don't get lost."

I rush up beside him. The streets are full of people. I've never seen so many people in my life. I can hear so many different languages being spoken as people pass. I am in awe of the sights.
We go into one of these huge buildings. There's a hotel in there. The lobby is huge. Everything is so fancy and big. My jaw drops as I try to take in my surroundings.

"I... I have never seen anything like this." I stutter, trying to follow Izzy through something that might be the lobby. It's so huge it's hard to tell.

Next to me I can hear Izzy mumbling. "Yeah, I know. Fucking Sixx playing rockstar. It sucks to be me." I can't help but wonder what he meant by that.

"But you're a musician too, right?" I ask.

Izzy gives me a snort. "Yeah, but I'm just the fucking rhythm guitarist from an unsigned band. I don't even have enough money to even buy a pack of smokes." He says and I can't help but wondering if I'd ever get used to that kind of language. Izzy curses a lot. "I need to find out what room they're staying in."

Izzy strolls right towards a reception desk. He puts his guitar down and the lady behind the counter gives him a warm smile. I can see her eyes scanning him up and down. Her face is growing red.