Chapter 43:

We woke up the next morning and I got ready and went downstairs. Mr.Milner had cinnamon rolls and they looked delicious.

I never had them but I couldn't wait to try them. I sat at the table and Mr.Milner greeted me with a warm smile and handed me a plate with a cinnamon roll on it.

I thanked him and it tasted heavenly. I never had anything like it.

Mr.Milner smiled and said "I see you really liked it" and I smiled. When we finished eating we headed off to school.

When we got there we greeted some of the teachers and staff and then headed towards the classroom.

I sat at my desk just thinking about Laurie and how she's coming back today after being suspended and honestly that made me a bit scared.

Mr.Milner must have sensed the tension because he headed over to my desk and said "are you going to be alright with Sydney coming back today?" I just shrugged my shoulders because it's not like I had a choice.

"What if she picks on me again?" I said and he looked at me and said "don't worry I'll make sure that she doesn't lay a finger on you alright?" I nodded.

He handed me lunch money for lunch and went back to his desk.

It was now time for all the other students to arrive including Laurie. I hope I'm ready for this.