Guilty As Charged.

But sometimesi pretend that you wish you were

But sometimes
i pretend that
you wish you were

I create this idea
That you secretly
Want me.

And I often forget
that it's just something
I've made up.

You do not want me
And you're not mine.

•

"......I mean he isn't the worst-looking fella." Erin reluctantly complimented, after I burst like a thundercloud on her for whistling at the picture. I had managed to gather a single photo of Nikolai. A single effin shot. It was much harder to spot him than the president itself, it was like the man didn't exist in the first place, no mention with devereauxs, not even once pictured by anyone. No social media interaction, No Nikolai Daryiel Devereaux existed.

That only indicated two things, either he was lying to me about his whole connection to Devereauxs, or he was just some opportunist taking advantage of marrying me to insurance the rest of his life or...Nikolai was involved in shady interchanges and using me as a cover, there was no other way to elucidate his dark personality, his unflinching audacity to kill, and his overconfident ambience to make me his. He was someone influential, just not in a famous way. More like infamous it is.

The single photo too was courtesy of the mysterious man himself, it arrived on my doorstep with a very cocky note inside a brown envelope.

If you wanted a picture, you should have just asked Angel. I know we all have needs, and I permit you to fulfil yours with this until I'm personally available to take that pain between your legs away.

Love, Nikolai.

I took a deep breath in, not once had he replied to my messages after the dinner we had, and somehow he knew I was trying to gather intel on him, he had the arrogance to slap me right in the face by delivering a f*king photo of himself when I had failed in doing so. He had been on my mind, way too much for it to be considered healthy, I thought about him 24/7, and not in a way I gaslighted myself into thinking I was thinking about.