Valentines in The Constant (Webber's Woes)

"Warriörs! Röle Call!" Wigfrid points dramatically as she announces each name. "Beast Devöurer Webber!"

"We're here!" He waves at Wigfrid with a big toothy smile.

"Spirit Hunter Wendy!"

"Living but suffering." She plucks the petals of a rose absentmindedly.

"Bringer öf End Times, Abigail!"

"oOOOo!" She floats around Wendy excitedly.

"Queen öf The Swamps, Wurt!"

"Am ready to fight, flort!" She stomps her feet like a bull ready to charge.

"Mönster Tamer, Walter!"

"Reporting for duty!" He salutes with a proud glare.

"Creature öf The Cönstant, Wöby!"

"Arf!" She sits beside Walter as her tail wags.

"And öf cöurse... Catcher öf Flames, Willöw!"

"That's a good nickname, Wiggy." She stands beside Wigfrid with a soft smile, speaking with wavering confidence. "How about I call you, conqueror of my heart?"

Wigfrid laughs heartily as she turns to Willow, speaking again but softly.

"Such a feröciöus name, thy flattery is well met."

As the two adults continue talking to each other, Webber looks elsewhere. Blinking his several eyes while adjusting the backpack slung over his shoulder, he tries to occupy his thoughts. His gaze finds Wendy, her dead stare focused on the babysitters for the trip. Continuing to stare, he feels a heaviness begin to form in his throat. Only one thought remains in his mind:
Valentine's Day is tomorrow.

"Gööd warriörs, let us make haste! The day shall nöt give us patience, nor will Antliön give us cöurtesy!"

"Glurph, me going to kill ant for Mermfolk kingdom!" Wurt curls her claws into fists.

"That's the spirit, Merm warriör!" Wigfrid smiles while looking at all of the survivors. "Nöw, önwards!"

As Wigfrid begins marching onwards, Willow turns around and speaks to the kids before beginning to walk.

"Hey, kids, stay close to us and I'll let you burn some trees on the way back, deal?"

As the group nods, the journey officially begins. With a long walk ahead of them, each member of the group falls into their own cycles.
Wigfrid leads the pack with anticipation in every step.
Willow stays near to Wigfrid, occasionally making conversation on how boring the camp is.
Walter walks alongside Woby with an eager smile, the sights of the various forests keeping him occupied.
Wurt stomps onwards, swinging a stick every few seconds to replicate the harm she'll bring onto Antlion.
Wendy walks alongside Webber, any sort of joy for the trip left inside her tent. Abigail remains excited on her sister's behalf, even if her talking remains a ghostly wail.
And Webber, staying beside Wendy, still remains focused on his one main issue.

If there was a holiday that the survivors had mixed feelings about, it would be Valentines Day. While bringing the event to The Constant originally seemed like a good idea, Webber has heard countless tales of the inevitable awkwardness of love. With how tightly knit the survivors are, any rumor or story involving a failed relationship spreads faster than a Willow made wildfire. Yet love is like the night, forever persistent and inevitable.
Webber has tried to ignore the feelings growing in his heart. Hoping it would pass, the feelings have only grown with the constant march of time. Now that Valentine's Day is here, it's impossible for him to ignore the truth.
He likes Wendy, but does she like him back?