chapter 2

the spring is beautiful. only when you look at it like the time of the year, when pretty much every plant is flowering, and it's not cold anymore. but honestly, i think that everything is beautiful when you're five, and walking to the kindergarten while holding hands with your best friend.

there's nothing you think about. nothing you worry about. your head is totally empty, but you're happy, and thats all that matters.

i don't think that the kids realize how cool it is to be five, until they're too old. its probably just because of the fact that every person wants more than what they have, so they're never grateful with what they actually have.

every five year old want's to go to school, then once you start going to school you wanna go to college. once you start going to college you wanna go to a university, or start working.

but once you start working you wish you could go back to being five. its weird. you just lose the part of happiness that you had. its fucking impossible to spend the time with who you love. co-workers become your friends, and family, and theres nothing you can do about it.

maturing is realizing, that you will never be five again, and you shouldn't have wasted all of those childhood years on complaining about the present, and craving for the future.

                             2009
                       kindergarten

my mom, Regina, her mom, and i walked into my kindergarten. the building was light blue on the outside, and it was teal on the inside. there were posters, and drawings everywhere. mine was there too. it was a drawing of a blonde girl with blue eyes. my best friend, and my favorite person, Regina.

"look, its me!" she said every time she saw  the drawing. i was good at drawing since my early childhood, so i think the drawing was pretty accurate. i loved seeing it every morning, it made me happy.

"yeah, its you!" i was so happy when i was thinking about how much she loved the drawing.

we walked into our class, and sat down on the rug, next to the window. we always used to do that. we just looked outside, and watched the cars pass on the streets, the flowers on the trees, and people that walked around.

"look at that bald man." she pointed at some man. "he looks really sad." 

if any adult listened to what we talked about all the time, they wouldn't fucking believe their ears, cause we talked like we were mature, and grown up.

"he does look really sad." i sighed. "i wonder if he's okay."

"what do you think he is thinking about?" Regina looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"probably his job." i shrugged. "he looks like a busy man."

"yeah, he does." he sighed. "what do you wanna be when you grow up, Chris?"

"a lawyer." i said confidently. i dont even know why i wanted to be a lawyer at that age, but its cool, i guess. "you?"

"i dont know yet." she shrugged. "im too young for that." she moved closer to the window trying to see the bald man again, but he wasn't visible anymore, so she started looking around to find other things to talk about. "look, theres a puppy!" she instantly got happy.

"i'm gonna get a puppy soon." i smiled.

"we're gonna raise it together, right, Chris?" she looked at me with sparkly eyes, like hope filled them. she came closer to me, like she was threatening me.

"of course." i smiled innocently.

"yay!" she kissed my cheek, and hugged me tightly. "we're gonna pretend we are parents! and we will raise the puppy like our own child!"