Cold War

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Then, without hesitation, her brother grabbed the ball and squeezed it as if it was a stress ball.

"You look tasty," Wixx said bluntly, then he licked his lower lip as if he was starving. "I wonder how a ball of flame and ice would taste like."

Oh, god.

Her children obviously shuddered at what their uncle said.

"M-Mom, does Uncle eat flames and spirits?" Winter asked in a shocked tone. "That sounds gross."

Julian just nodded in agreement.

On the other hand, Lisa stifled his laughter as if he found Wixx amusing.

She wasn't amused though.

"Brother, what do you think you're doing?" Irene snarled at her brother. "This isn't the right time for games."

"I'm not playing around," Wixx said coldly without even turning to her. "This isn't a spirit. This is just a mere lump of Mana with a communication device inside. Once the caller on the other end of the line hang up on you, this will self-destruct. Judging by the amount of Mana infused in this device, I'm pretty sure that this is strong enough to blow up your mansion. Obviously, we'll survive from a petty attack like this. But I don't think we'd have the time to save your servants."

She was shocked to hear that.

Even Lisa went rigid and like her, he definitely didn't feel what Wixx had felt inside the ball of blue blame.

"As expected of the Red Phoenix," Garnet Nystrom, who fell silent as soon as Wixx appeared, finally broke his silence. "How did you know what is inside this ball? I thought I hid the communication device that also serves as a bomb well."

"I'm very sensitive," the Red Phoenix said. "I'm very sensitive when it comes to my precious little sister. So no matter how well you hide your ill-intention towards her, I will feel it. No one is allowed to have malice towards her, you hear me?"

Her face turned red from embarrassment. "Brother, stop it."

"Brother Julian, Brother Flint, Dad is glaring at Uncle Wixx," Winter "whispered" to Julian. "He's probably seething with jealousy."

Julian nodded in agreement. "Yes."

Flint, on the other hand, scoffed. "Brother Rival hasn't changed at all."

She just let out a frustrated sigh while shaking her head.

"I didn't intend to hurt the Supreme," the North King denied. "I know that she'd survive my puny attack. It was supposed to be a greeting for you, Lord Winchell. Had my plan succeeded, I would have turned the victims into my ice puppets and give them to you as a gift."

The Red Phoenix smirked. "Let me guess. You were supposed to claim that you attacked the mansion to spite me."

"You're a murderer!"

"And so are you," her brother snapped back. "Now, stop making me talk to a stupid lump of flame."

Wong and Kelsi could only shake their heads.

Crazy, Irene thought to herself. My brother is crazy.

She was distracted when she heard a loud bang inside Wixx's stomach. Of course, she got worried. But when she saw that her brother didn't even blink, she realized that the explosion didn't hurt him in any way.