When Ice and Fire Collide

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

It was a lot to take in, so he fell silent while thinking.

I didn't expect that Mother had been fighting the Moonchesters since her previous life. But what kind of a "spirit" gives that kind of punishment? It was so unfair! Because of that curse, my mommy lived and died miserably!

"Are you alright?" Lord Wixx asked him. "Did you see your mother's previous memories?"

"I did, Uncle Wixx," Winter said with clenched teeth. "My mother was cursed to have a miserable life after her reincarnation. She also lost her memories, that's why she was easily controlled by the Moonchesters."

His uncle could only smile bitterly.

"Was the "Lord Kalel" that Mommy mentioned the identity of my dad in his past life?" he asked curiously. "I just have a feeling that my parents are meant to be in all lifetimes."

The Red Phoenix scowled. Ah, right. Your father was also an important person in his past life. Actually, he still is."

"What is my father's identity?" he asked. "I thought father was a commoner before he married my mother."

"I'm only telling you this because you have to know the truth if you want to save your father," Uncle Wixx said seriously. "Winter, your father is the Black Serpent himself."

He was too shocked to react to that revelation.

But come to think of it, it made sense. His mother, in her previous life, had so many awesome titles. Only someone as amazing as she was had the right to marry her.

Being the Black Serpent makes Dad a god, too.

"My mother and father were both powerful beings and yet, this happened to them because of a curse?" he asked with his fists clenched. "Worst of all, I inherited both of their bloods but I'm nothing but a useless child..."

"You're not useless, Winter," his uncle said. "You're just as special as your parents."

"How so, Uncle?"

"The reason why I asked Luna to send you here isn't just for your mother's ashes," he said seriously, then he put his hands on his shoulders. "Winter, you are the Moon Serpent. In your past life, you were a fallen god that was also known as a God Slayer. But most of all, in this lifetime, you are the one destined to kill Taeyeon Moonchester."

He was shocked again but this time, he was able to absorb the information that he heard faster. "Uncle, I have many titles just like Mommy."

His uncle looked confused because his remark had nothing to do with his revelation. Then, he laughed. "That's true. Your mother had so many accomplishments in her previous life. Thus, she gained a lot of different titles. And so did you, Winter."

He clenched his fists tight. "Can I really kill the emperor, Uncle? I am not that strong enough."

His eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"The Moon God tried to steal the Black Serpent's body in the past," his uncle continued. "I burned the Black Serpent's body so they wouldn't succeed. But now that I'm locked up here, you have to do the job."

He was horrified to hear that. "Uncle, are you asking me to kill my own father?"

"He's no longer your father, Winter," the Red Phoenix said firmly. "If he wakes up while his physical body is being burned, then it's alright to keep him alive. But if he doesn't wake up, it would be better to burn him to ashes so the Moon God would fail." He paused, then he shook his head. "Actually, you really have no choice but to kill your father."