The Cursed Descendants: Part 1

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

After she and Lisa literally kissed and made up, they made their way back to the house. That was where they found Ainsworth waiting by the door. Miss Luna was there too because the witch created a protectice barrier while she and her husband while fighting a while ago.

"I didn't want to face your wrath if I interrupted you then," Ainsworth snapped at her. But when she glared at him, he suddenly turned into the little tiger that she raised. "Sister Soleil..."

"Call me 'Irene' from now on," she told him. "Anyway, what's the situation there? How long will it take them to reach us?"

"Winchell said he'll delay the enemies' arrival," Ainsworth said. "He also told me that he will not touch the ice puppets. Instead, he will await for your instructions on how to deal with your descendants."

She raised a brow at that.

That's strange. I thought Brother decided to greet the enemies to finish them off. Why would he hate for my instructions this time?

"Irene, I think the king is headed here to save his son," Luna informed her. "Thaddeus Nystrom, the son of the North King, was captured by Lord Winchell a while ago. The prince is currently locked up in the basement. I enchanced the protection by creating a barrier that an ice puppet like him couldn't touch."

"Ah, yes," she said while nodding. "I heard it from Lord Denver's report a while ago."

"Irene, I have something else to report to you," the witch said seriously. "Thaddeus Nystrom is the one who killed Lord Prescott and the rest of his company a few years ago."

She was instantly swallowed up by her anger that the snow that covered the ground they stood on suddenly melted and turned into lava.

Luna and Ainsworth both jumped away from her to avoid the lava.

"Honey, please calm down," Lisa said gently, then he stomped on the lava. He didn't get hurt because the lava instantly froze. Thanks to her husband's quick action, it didn't spread and accidentally hurt anyone. "I think you should rest first," he said, then he gently caressed her face with the back of his hand. "Winchell is there to give us time to prepare. Resting for a bit won't hurt."

"His Grace is correct, Irene," Luna, still standing a few meters away from her, said with a firm nod. "You and the rest of your family needs to rest. It's time for the other Beast Gods to work anyway." She paused, then her brows furrowed. "Where are Lord Forrester and Lady Solenn? I should look for them."

She raised a brow at him.

The little tiger avoided her gaze and whispered: "Sister Irene."

"I will get some rest and quickly join you later," Irene said. As long as Winchell was in the frontline, she knew that the enemies wouldn't be able to reach them. If her brother wanted to, he could melt their descendants. "I'll send a message to my brother to delay the army's arrival."

***

"BROTHER, give me two hours," Irene said while sitting on the bed and "talking" to a flaming black feather in front of her face. "Delay the enemies for two hours. Don't do anything to them unless I say so."

After giving her message, the black feather burned itself to ashes.

I'm tired.

Now that she already sent her message to Wixx, she allowed herself to plop on the bed. Then, she closed her eyes. She had a good, warm bath a while ago so she felt relaxed now.