The Downfall of the Prescotts

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"We didn't have enough time in the past," the golden ball of fire said. "Come to think of it, I wasn't able to give you my name back then."

"Oh, that's right.

"My name is Sulien and I am the Sun God," he said. "But you can just call me 'Grandpa,' Winter."

"Are you telling me to call you 'Grandpa' as a respectful way to call you or are you really my grandfather?"

That was his concern because the fact that Sulien was the Sun God didn't surprise him anymore. He always had the hunch about his identity. It wasn't that hard to figure it out because of his grandfather's pure Mana.

"What do you think, Winter?"

"Your flame feels as warm as my mommy's flame," he said hesitantly. "I think you are the father of Soleil Rosenberg."

"You talk as if Soleil is a different person from your mother."

"It's my parents' decisions to separate themselves from their past selves and to live in the present," he explained. "Most of all, I think for my Mommy, Lord Prescott will be the only father in her heart. I'm sorry if I offended you, Grandpa Sulien."

He decided to still call the Sun God 'grandpa' because he wanted to be respectful to him. After all, he was the one who gave him another chance to correct the mistakes of his past life in this lifetime.

"I'm not offended. I completely understand, Winter," his grandfather said, then he changed the topic. "Do you remember when I told you to not tell anyone about your past life?"

He nodded. "I kept my promise, Grandpa."

"I know, grandson," he said. "I told you to keep it a secret because I didn't want the enemies who haven't retrieved their memories yet to take advantage of what you know. But now that everyone who is involved in the past war have retrieved their memories, I'm giving you the right to tell your parents what happened back then."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Really? I can do that now?"

"You discovered something in the past that your mother didn't," his grandpa said seriously. "Winter, you have an older brother in this lifetime, don't you?"

"Yes," he said with a proud smile. "He's called 'Julian,' Grandpa."

"What if I tell you that he has the ability to kill you?" Grandpa Sulien asked. "Would you still consider him as a brother instead of an enemy?"

His brows furrowed in confusion. "Brother Julian can kill me?"

"The Holy Scepter has merged with that boy," he explained. "And the Holy Scepter is the only weapon in this world that could kill you, Winter. If the enemies hear about this, I'm certain that they will do everything to have your brother and use him to kill you. That's why the most logical thing to do now is to kill him before he turns into an enemy."

"Didn't you hear me, grandson?" he asked strictly. "That brother of yours is a dangerous weapon."

"He's not a weapon," he snarled angrily. "I don't care if Brother Julian is the Holy Scepter or what. I know that he will never kill me. We will protect him and we won't let the enemies lay a hand on him."

"Are you confident that you can do that?"

"Of course," he said smugly. "We are the sons of the Black Serpent and the Supreme Fire Mage. We can figure it out together."