Toxic Family Members

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

OF COURSE, Irene officially registered in the audition as soon as she heard about it.

She simply used the name 'Irene' since most people in the empire weren't familiar with her nickname anyway. To them, she was 'Lady/Duchess Nystrom.' In short, the organizers of the event didn't recognize her when she registered as an audition.

Thanks to that, she was able to enter the ballroom without a problem.

Since she believed she was the star of the event, she came in fashionably late.

As luck would have it, Tzuyu Morganna was the one on the stage when she arrived. She watched from the backstage as Luna stand behind her while putting the pearl necklace around her neck.

And she wouldn't lie- she didn't like what she saw at the stage.

So, like a petty villainess in a movie, she made a bitchy move.

"Luna, turn off the lights at my signal," Irene whispered to Luna who was standing beside her. Then, she turned to Roarke. "Take that b*tch off the stage as soon as the lights are off, Roarke."

Roarke bowed to her. "As you wish, Supreme."

Luna and Roarke were able to enter the ballroom as her aides. Each auditionee were allowed to bring a team of hair and makeup stylists.

Anyway...

She turned to the witch and gave her a firm nod.

Luna, knowing that it was her signal, nodded and snapped her fingers.

The lights in the entire hall were suddenly dimmed.

She felt Roarke disappear from her side. And just a few seconds later, she heard Tzuyu Morganna's muffled scream. Before the emperor's knights took action and ruin the whole audition, she asked Luna to bring back the lights.

When the lights returned, she wore her oversized sunglasses and started to walk in the runway like a supermodel.

Thanks to her sunglasses, she was able to watch everyone's reaction without being too obvious. But to be honest, she didn't really care about other people. Her eyes immediately searched for the only man that mattered to her.

There you are, my Lisa.

Even without his memories, it seemed like Lisa immediately recognized her.

Well, he instantly recognized my voice, too. He probably watched the videos I left to him again and again until every inch of me was buried in his mind.

Anyway, she loved how Lisa's golden eyes glowed as they followed her every moment.

Knowing that her husband aka the most handsome man in the empire (no, she doesn't take criticism regarding Lisa's hotness) was watching her boosted her confidence.

When she sat on the throne and crossed her legs, she knew she already won the audition.

She took her time taking off her sunglasses to absorb Lisa's beauty discreetly.

Gosh, the five past years have done nothing but make him look better.

Lisa, when he was twenty-two five years ago, was already very handsome back then. But now, twenty-seven year old Lisa was manlier and hotter. He was just sitting there but his sex appeal was oozing.