Stage Fright (A Rewrite)

(AN: Another rewrite for a story :D

♠️♠️♠️

It was a relaxing day in the break room, while all the other imps and demons had their own jobs and duties throughout the day. Even Queen Dice did; she gave herself the responsibility of watching over Henchwoman while she swept the floor. Though Henchwoman had done this thousands of times before and didn't exactly need supervision, Queen Dice was good company.
Currently, she had on the record, singing along to the song playing while Henchwoman quietly hummed to it. She wasn't much of a singer and enjoyed hearing Dice or her Boss sing better than her own voice. Queen Dice's voice never failed to impress her, she loved listening to it whether it had been on her radio show or in person. Of course, Queen Dice, with her swelled ego knew exactly how great her singing voice was too.

Mostly anyway.

The door to the break room slammed open, Dice jolting out of her seat and hurrying to the record player to turn it off as well as discontinuing her singing. The Devil marched in, clearly not in the best of moods at the moment. She first looked to Dice, looking between the woman and the record player, glaring at her. Queen Dice only struck her award winning smile, leaning on the record player in an attempt to look relaxed.

"Henchwoman," The Devil spoke directly to the other. "Are you almost finished in here? I have a meeting in ten minutes."

"Almost done, Boss, then I'll be right with you." Henchwoman payed no attention to the demon's rising temper, as she was used to it by now. As long as nothing was broken or anyone hurt for no reason she usually stayed out of the way of her Boss' rage.

"Well, hurry up, we haven't gotten all day, you know."

"Of course, Boss."

The Devil turned around to leave, stopping short when she saw Queen Dice yet again. Looking the woman up and down, she stared for a long minute, making Dice more and more uncomfortable.

The Devil was so hard to read with that neutral expression. No one could really tell if she was upset or content. At the very least, she didn't seem to be angry anymore.

"You missed a spot over here by Dice, Henchwoman." She walked out.

As the door creaked shut, Dice let out a long sigh of relief. Collapsing straight into the couch, she mumbled a few things to herself that Henchwoman couldn't quite make out.

"What was that all about?" She asked.

"Nothing! I— I— I didn't say anything!" Queen Dice quickly sat up straight.

"Not that, I meant how you were acting when the Boss came in."

"Wha— What do you mean?"

"Why'd you stop singin and turn the music off?" Henchwoman got straight to the point, getting impatient with the other.

"Oh! That! Well... Uhm... You see... Uh... I— I wanted to make sure you could... Hear her...?"

Henchwoman looked to Dice, a deadpan look across her face.

"Miss Dice, you're a lot of things, but generous is not one of them."

"That's not true! I didn't jaywalk on my way here this morning."

"Is everything ok? Why're you acting so... Funny?" Henchwoman disregarded what she'd said.

"Funny?!" Queen Dice asked, offended. "I'm not acting funny! You're acting funny!"

"Dice."

"It's— Its nothin, really it's nothin."

"Really? I think I know what it is." Henchwoman smirked.