𝟒) 𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦

3rd person pov

It hadn't been an easy mission for the both of them. (Y/N) because of what happened to her boyfriend, and Steve because he was currently unconscious in the hospital bed in front of her.

Hydra was building up an army by using themselves to blend in with S.H.E.I.L.D agents. It was a turnover of events as neither of them knew who they could trust. Steve was just as confused as her as he had figured that his best friend who was supposed to be dead was working for the enemy. People he thought he could trust, and people he worked with on missions ended up turning on him, leaving him stranded with only a couple of people. One of those was (Y/N).

(Y/N's) pov

I was sitting on one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs, Steve's hand in mine as I softly ran my thumb over it. His hand felt cold, not dead cold, but cold. He didn't have his usual warmth like he normally had. He was normally my personal heater, but now it was as if he was reaching out for the warmth.

I sighed softly, squeezing his hand in mine, letting him know I was still there. I didn't care if he couldn't feel it. I just wanted him to know I was there, and I was going to be there when he woke up. Whenever that would be, that is.

I looked at his bloody and bruised face. He had a black eye and a busted lip. His expression was soft as he laid in a nonchalantly way, his chest rising and falling calmly. The monitors connected to him were showing that he was stable, which calmed me a bit.

I clear my throat, brushing the tears that were threatening to fall. "Hey, Stevie" I whispered. "I'm still here" I say, squeezing his hand. I look at his hand before bringing it to my lips, kissing it gently. I use his hand to caress my cheek, being careful that I don't cause any more pain than he's already in.

I smile softly at the feeling of his hand on my cheek. I allow a couple of tears to escape my tired eyes. The tears were fresh and warm as they ran down my already salty cheeks. I sniff, trying to stay strong as I let out a shaky breath.

"I miss you" I tell him, placing my hand on top of the one on my cheek. I turn my head and kiss his palm. His hands felt dry. I sigh, gently placing his hand back onto the hospital bed in a comfortable position.

I moved my chair closer to the bed, it scraping against the floor, causing a harsh scratching noise against the polished floor. I leaned against the frame of the bed, getting as comfortable as I could as I felt myself slowly getting more and more tired.

As more time passed, I felt myself beginning to fall asleep. I try my best to stay awake, to fight the feeling, not wanting to leave Steve alone, but the feeling takes over, and I slowly drift off.

...

I groan softly as I wake up, my neck and back stiff from the uncomfortable position I was in. As I open my eyes, I quickly close them because of the brightness of the room. I opened them slowly this time, allowing my eyes time to adjust. I sat up wincing and looked over to the clock that hung on top of the door.

"Eight forty-three," I mumble to myself. I must have fallen asleep overnight.

I sat there, waking up slowly. I let my mind flow, allowing myself to zone out. I was thinking about Steve and some of the things we had done together.

I thought about our first date and how he had no idea what he was doing. He would mess things up and then get embarrassed about it, which I found really cute.

I thought about our first kiss and the feeling of our lips against each other. It was a soft kiss, one of love and pure affection. My hands were in his hair, and his around my waist, pulling me close. I remember feeling really happy when we broke the kiss, my stomach filled with butterflies and my cheeks flushing red.

The sound of a cough behind me brought me back, making me turn towards the door.

"Hey" Nat said quietly, walking in with two cups of coffee in her hands. I smile softly at her. "I uh, bought you coffee" she said, handing me one of the cups.

"Thanks" I whisper, my voice slightly raspy. I smile at the warmth of the cup, heating my hands.

"He hasn't woken up yet" I say sadly. "It's almost been a week, Nat" I whisper, taking a sip of the coffee. It was nice, the warmth bringing me a sense of comfort.

She walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "He will" she reassures me. "For you"

I smile at her words, standing up and placing the cup down. I hug her softly, nuzzling into her shoulder. She hugs me back, holding me close.

"Thank you" I whisper, as she continues to comfort me.

She sat with me for a couple of hours until she had to go back to the Tower. Tony was throwing a successful mission party, but in my eyes, it wasn't a successful one. The love of my life was in front of me. He almost died. He almost died trying to protect everyone but himself.

I hadn't noticed that I was crying again until I felt a hand on my cheek. A familiar hand. I looked up from the floor, and the hand that was now warmer was caressing my cheek gently. My eyes focus on the pair in front of me. I smile, seeing his bright blue eyes. It felt like I hadn't seen them in forever, and the sight of them bought relief to me.

"Steve" I whisper happily.

He smiled softly at me. "Hey, sweetheart" he whispered, his voice soft but hoarse. His eyes were studying my face, taking in every detail.

"I thought I'd lost you, Steve. You fell out from the sky" I say honestly, more tears wanting to fall. He wipes my eyes with his thumb, and I move closer, leaning down to him. I frown. "You could've been killed" My hand moves to cup his cheek, rubbing my thumb over his lip gently. He winces, and my frown grows.

"I hate seeing you hurt" I whisper, cupping both his cheeks in my soft hands, leaning in and planting a soft, gentle kiss on his bottom lip where it was busted. He smiled before wrapping an arm around my back and allowing me to rest my head on his chest.

Steve's pov

I let (Y/N) rest her head on my chest as I could tell she was tired. By how she looked, I could tell she had been here a while, probably worried like she usually was. I feel guilty that I made her worry. I wasn't thinking properly when I fell out of the Helicarrier. I just wanted to save Bucky.

"What about Bucky?" I asked, sitting up, but failing as a wave of pain rushes through my body. I groan softly at the pain, causing (Y/N) to get worried.

"Don't move, Steve. You're hurt" she tells me, causing me to sigh.

"Bucky's gone. There was no trace of him. He just disappeared, vanished even" she says sadly. "I'm sorry. I know he meant a lot to you" she mumbles, to which I shake my head to.

"We'll find him" I say smiling, but there was a hint of sadness in my tone. "I won't stop until I do" 

She returns the smile. "And I'll be with you every step. But first..." She smirks and leans closer. "This"

She pulls me into a soft kiss. A kiss that I had missed and happily returned. I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her as close to me as I could, kissing her back lovingly.