𝟓) 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

I felt dizzy as I made my way towards Steve's office in the tower. I know he was busy debriefing a mission as he wasn't in the gym. I pushed past a concerned Nat as she saw how pale and shaky I was. She tried to stop me, but I just ignored her. My knees felt as if they would give in at all the emotions I was feeling. I wasn't sick at all apart from vomiting this morning. I made my way towards the door, knocking on it gently.

Me and Steve had been together for about three years now. We were both happily settled into a relationship and had talked about the next steps. We had decided to wait until it came naturally so we didn't have to rush into it. The three years that I had been his girlfriend had felt like the best years of my life. I had finally found my home as an Avenger and found my one true love. I often ranted to him about us being soulmates, and he had briefly mentioned that in some way he believed that it was true, even though it was just an old wives tale.

I had been there for Steve since the moment he had first come out of the ice. I was instructed to be his guide and help him adjust to the modern life back when I was just an agent. We started off quickly and soon became good friends.

I heard a brisk "come in" before I pushed the door open.

Steve's eyes looked up, instantly filling with concern. He stood up and walked to me, taking my hands in his and lead me to the chair he had just risen from. He made sure I was comfortable, reaching over to the glass of water that was on his desk.

He keeled in front of me as he ran his hand up and down my arm soothingly. "Talk to me" he whispered, his brows furrowed.

I shake my head. "I'm fine, Stevie" I mumbled, but his face was full of worry.

"Maybe we should get Bruce to check on you" he started, and my eyes widened as I panicked slightly.

"N-no, Steve" I stutter. "Don't tell Bruce. I know what's wrong" he sighs and moves his hand to mine, taking it and squeezing it softly.

I take a deep breath and swallow the lump that had formed in the back of my throat. "Just don't be mad, okay" my eyes were full of hope as I looked at him.

His eyes showed both confused and worry in them, but he nodded none the less. I look away. looking for something to give me courage and strength to tell him. I searched his desk until my eyes laid on a picture.

It was a famed picture of me and Steve at Coney Island on our one year anniversary. It was part of the trip that Steve had planned as he wanted to give me a tour of Brooklyn. It was a cute idea, and I loved seeing where he grew up, even though a lot had changed. One thing that hadn't was a diner that he said him and Bucky would go to. It was still being run by the same family, and Steve admired that. We had a romantic night with dinner, and then he took me to where he had always talked about. It was a 1940s themed dancing parlor, and it was full of old-timey stuff.

My heart felt as if it was going to beat out of my chest at how fast it was going. I swear I could hear it through my ears. I sighed again before returning my gaze to Steve, who was already looking at me.

"I'm-" I started, but I could feel tears brimming my eyes. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as I felt Steve wrap his arms around me. I sank into his touch, resting my head on his chest, using his breathing to guide my own for a few minutes. When I pulled back, I felt better.

I took Steve's hand in mine. "I'm pregnant" I whisper, and if it wasn't for Steve's enhanced hearing, I don't think he would've heard me. He looked at me in shock before his face filled with happiness. He pulled me into another hug, his arms wrapping around me in a protective manner.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled, and he pulled back.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked confused. He pulled me close, cupping my cheeks in his soft hands. He searched my eyes for answers before kissing me gently. "This is great. We're gonna have a baby" he happily said before giggling. I smiled at seeing him like this, all excited and happy.

He looked down at my stomach before cautiously putting his hand on it. He stared in amusement, even though there wasn't a bump yet. He leaned down and lifted my shirt, revealing my stomach and kissed it softly.

"Hi, baby" he cooed. "I'm your daddy" his voice was soft as he rubbed the side of my stomach. "You're gonna be just as beautiful as your mommy, and I can't wait to meet you" he continued to whisper as I watched him silently.

I ran my fingers through his hair, and he leaned into the touch. When he finally stood up, he offered me a hand, which I took. I was pulled into another embrace, his arms around my waist as I buried my head in his shoulder.

"I love you" he whispered, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you too" I replied as we shared the embrace. After he pulled back, he took my hand and began leading me out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I was being guided to the kitchen.

"To tell the others" Steve giggled softly, a smile sitting on his lips. I shook my head at his state and smiled before letting him guide me towards the rest of the team.