𝟕) 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

It was another Stark party that Tony had put together to success yet another mission. He did this often, and by now, it had started to get annoying. I didn't hate them, but the whole socializing and everything just wasn't me.

I stood in my room that was in the Avengers tower, wearing my dark red dress, pared with a pair of black heels. My hair was full of loose curls, and I had matching red lipstick to go with my dress. I wasn't gonna go until Nat had persuaded me enough, saying that I needed to get loose.

We were running late as she dragged me by my wrist down the hall and towards the elevator that would lead us to the party. Once the doors opened, it revealed people with drinks having fun on the dance floor, and loud music playing from the DJ that had been hired.

Great. Not wanting to talk to anyone, I decided to head to the bar and order something strong. Once I had my drink and relaxed a little, everything felt better. After a while some guy decided to join me and we started talking.

Steve's pov

I wasn't much of a party person. I never was. But, the idea of knowing who could've been here was enough of a reason for me to attend. I'm not a party person, as I would much rather a smaller crowd of people than the one Tony had invited. Apart from the team, I had no idea who anyone was.

The atmosphere was loud and crazy. Music was blasting out of speakers from a DJ set up, and the bars were full of people ordering more and more drinks.

I wore a dark blue button-up shirt and a pair of dark pants, and I attempted to sort out my hair. Bucky had half dragged me to the party and got me a drink even though I couldn't get drunk, and said that I needed to relax and enjoy.

(Y/N's) pov

I could feel someone's eyes on me, but I just shrugged it off and kept drinking. It wasn't until the guy that I learnt was Daniel, started to get close to me. He would put his arm around my waist or shoulder, but I would play it off and push it away. Every time I would, his face would darken, or his jaw would clench ever so slightly, but enough for me to make a mental note. After I decided that it was too much, I tried to leave.

"Look, it was great meeting you. But, I'm gonna go" I tried playing it off, keeping a calm but stern voice. A hint of panic was on my face, and I knew that if I didn't leave, I could be in danger.

He stood up and walked over to me, taking one step forward every time I took one back. "Come on, pretty. Come back with me. I'm lonely" he drunkenly said and tried to grab my wrist. When he did, he tried dragging me out with him until a firm hand landed on his shoulder.

"I would leave if I were you" a stern voice threatened. I looked up, and my eyes locked with blues. Steve's. Daniel turned around, and his eyes widened, seeing who was behind him. It didn't take him long for him to gather himself and leave.

I let out a breath and tried steadying my trembling hands. Steve walked over to me, his brows furrowed and giving me one of his concerned looks.

"I'm fine, Steve. Thank you" I told him, trying to avoid the subject, but he just frowned.

"You're shaking. You're not okay, " he spoke softly. I sighed and nodded, allowing him to gently cup one of my cheeks.

He started guiding me out of the party and to the elevator. He pressed the number that would take us to the floor with all of our bedrooms on. The grip on my hand was firm, but soft and warm. He wasn't hurting me, but it was tight enough to know I was safe with him.

He guided me out and towards his room, opening the door and guiding us in. His room was modern for a man out of time, including a decent size TV. He guided me to his bed, helping me to sit before kneeling and taking off my heels for me. He gently undid the straps and slipped them off.

After making sure I was okay, he disappeared into his walk-in wardrobe. He returned with one of his shirts, and at that point, I was desperate to get out of my dress. I went to his bathroom and changed, stripping from my dress and into the oversized shirt. It covered my body and almost reached my knees.

By the time I was done, Steve had changed and was in a white vest top and a pair of grey sweatpants, laying against the headboard of his king-sized bed. He was flicking through channels on the TV, attempting to find something worthy to watch and to take my mind off what had previously happened.

"Here, let me help" I offered as I made my way over, plotting myself on the bed next to him, keeping a distance between us to be respectful. He handed me the remote, and I easily found what I wanted to watch. Friends. Something classic and funny to keep my mind occupied. I pressed start and shuffled further into the bed, wrapping the covers over myself to keep warm.

After a while, Steve's arm ended up around my waist, but in a protective manner. He could tell I was shaken up and nervous, and I just needed reassurance that I was safe and out of harms way. He pressed a gentle kiss to my temple, and I relaxed into his touch, just wanting to be protected.

"I've got you" he whispered, and I smiled softly as a response. I loved Steve for his protective manner. He was able to make me feel safe no matter where we were.

I knew I was safe as long as I had Steve near me. His presence kept me warm and cosy, and that's all I needed. I nuzzled into his chest, my head resting against it as I listened to his comforting heartbeat. I sighed contently as I closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep with the feeling of warmth beside me.