1 - Freshman

A time of man, A time without law, A time where life was truly wild. No phones, No cars, and No planes existed back then. All there truly was were Gunslingers attempting to make a name for themselves, the animosity of 'law' trying to keep the peace just to be low down criminals behind a badge, and the cheaters of Gambling, picking fights with folds and always a losing game.
Each passing day for these folks was life and limb. So by god aunt Kaitlyn had an amoral stance by the end of the day, but it could not change the behavior of the west that overcame with degenerates.

The land that we walk on is a path in this day and age. No digital footprints, No advanced criminology, Just plain west. Being a criminal back then was an easy role to play, risk of prison or having your ends meet by the California collar was the only way out of the life. It's advised to stay ambiguous about things, not letting one's appearance outweigh your feelings. For as Uncle Sam intended, "My way or The Highway."

Life without crime was either as Peaceful as the River or as tough as nails and dulled iron. No such thing as Bullying existed, unless you were under the Aegis of The Pacific Union, but they claim to be kidding around with the railroad workers. It goes to show how bored workers can be. Sure, they would have Adroit Movements but no such thing as Basketball existed then. Even the Damned rich are slacking off. Nothing but a growing Affluence that has better rates than any stock market.

"Life sure was a hassle Grandpa," staring at my grandkid. "It sure was," my rigid voice spoke, "but I ain't finished yet."
Anyways, I was just like your father when he turned the other page, panning for sweet gold. He was as stubborn as a mule, meanwhile Sam and My wife Edith stayed at home while we went looking for gold. Didn't matter if it was a snow day or not, we kept our adventitious matters in mind all around the state.

Tommy was a good kid your age, he always goes on about the Aesthetic of Nature, it was a beauty that was now damned. But that didn't change how we lived as a family, hell, panning gold was always in our blood. As me and Tommy went towards Quile, that one mining town that had a weird aroma in the air, something was not right. The shallow water that we panned up looked a bit off, it was brown and seemed like someone had adulterated it. The look on Tommy's face left both our mouths agape, he didn't expect the surprise but it had me laughing.

Tommy knew better, his mind was in those books you all read in school now, He cupped the water, saying something about the Amorphous feeling or something about science. I never was as educated as him of course but I could have sworn he drank that water. By then he had a bright idea of making a building, I don't know what building but Tommy said it was to, "Aggrandize how tasty the water was." And by god, I ain't heard so much shit come out of one mouth, I smacked him for it.

Don't worry, I didn't smack him that hard, just enough to make him drop the water. I can't believe Tommy back then but now I see how smart he was, way beyond my education when I tended him. He was a believer of Altruism, wanting to keep donating more to others than himself. Things were going well for the two of us, but then something changed, and by something I mean someone. A large gathering was held in town, people shouting and yelling over one singular person on that podium. My wife, Edith Summers.

Ol' Cheryl Hubert, ran for deputy and stood beside her with a book in his hand, I feared the man just like how I feared the law. He spoke to everyone, reading his book as the other two lawmen put a rope around her neck. "Edith Summers, a wife of two at only 29 years of age. She is here today to be hanged. Despite her personality, their affectation is to be met by god In this very place. She is to be held accountable for her actions of Witchcraft, having an Affinity with their Cat, and Adultery."

I can not comprehend what was happening, they were false but I spoken a bit too soon before she was strung on that very rope that took her life. She was someone that mattered deeply to me, but it came to mind of what really happened. She was Framed. The law is corrupt in every way, just a week after her death I sold my home and sent your father to an orphanage. Deep in my gut, I knew damn well what needed to be done.