9 - Past To Past

Funny thing was, no savagery was acted upon during my time in Mexico. Although, I was held hostage by the big man himself, the general of the Mexican Army, Black Terry. His unlawful ways of moral standards were with polite structure. I have woken up in a dark cold cell at the dead of night, but that don't mean the day was over. The cold steel cell was nothing but a bad place to be in, especially when you have the man himself in a chair right beside you. His hand grabbed the collar of my shirt before he pressed his gun against my chest, watching his barrel move from my hasty heartbeat.

"Well well well.. look what we have here," his voice rang with deep masculinity. "My prey, in my own cell," he continues to converse, "you know, you're kinda cute for someone who's out of their league." His barrel was right against my heart, but I could feel my heart easing up to him. His words weren't straight, ain't no man told me this before. But I highly believe he was trying to re-educate my purposes of love. "You're the kind of fish to be caught," he said with a wide smirk, "Just depends if we'd let you back in the water or not."

Funny thing was, I am quite the terrible swimmer. So even if he did let go of me and wonder off into the great ocean, I'd be better off staying afloat than at the bottom of the sea. Eventually, my awkward staring stood him down long enough to lower his barrel from my chest. His own shotgun being used as leverage to stand up as I still sat against a stool. The way his bones popped from his movement would jolt me back like a damn lighting bolt, I could hear every sound that came from his own relaxing bone popping. At this time, his shotgun leaned again the cell wall as I too was lifted up onto my feet.

"Well you know," his words spoke with intimacy, "I do have a job for you to do, but for now, I'll show you around." I gulped a bit, feeling his hot breath against me. I could have sworn he was trying to make his move but besides that, another opportunity begins to open up. The cell door opens as I was guided out. Many of the people around me were wearing sombreros and the occasional mustache. This was something new.

We walked around inside the fort, watching the lifestyle of desperados put forth into efforts. Even having coyotes as appropriate pets to their avail. I could have broken free from how loose the rope was, but I could tell that the leader of this dangerous gang was keeping me until I was all used up. For now I was a prisoner to him, even to the point he cut the ropes off of me and told me to sit down. "I reckon you can do something kind for me," he spoke with confidence, "since you killed, and you fought hard, I see the use in you."

My glances at him were like a fly, watching him from all directions as I could before he leaned in closer to me. "Follow," his first word sounded hoarse before clearing his throat, "Follow my men out of this place, then you will be free." It felt odd being offered freedom this early from a big man as Black Terry. Two of his own hired guns would raise me up off the seat. The stench of these men could have been better. But without further questions, I was guided out of their fort.

"And let me guess," Tommy spoke. "You ran away into a boat and called it a day?" He couldn't help but snicker at his remark before placing a hand on his shoulder. "Who said I would run away," I calmly spoke to him. "Even outside that fort, my boots were still shaking like a damn rattlesnake." The group laughed at his remark before he would continue his story.

"You're lucky," the hired slow poke to my left spoke. "Usually the boss has plans for captives like you." I couldn't see an opportunity to run. Instead, they had their hands around my arms and walked along the dirt path that lied before us. "You're not looking for a gang amigo?" The one on the right asked before kicking the back of my hoof forward.

"I ain't looking to be in any gang," I tried to remain neutral with these men, but their minds had other things afoot. "Ah, looking to rid our gang ain't you?" His persistent was like a bee, always buzzing around in my ear! "I was men like you all," my exclamation surprised the two of them, "I was shooting up innocent folks and robbing those who didn't deserve it!" I sighed after my outburst of words before one of them grinned upon my face. Our motion is stopped in the middle of the dirt path, his hands along his repeater that had collected the dusty air.

"Then you won't see this as a problem at all."
——————————————————————————
Authors Note:

Thanks for all who had read it this far, I'm happy and excited to continue making this story. It was originally created with one POV, but with Three it has expanded my view with the plots and twist in the story as a whole! You all, whoever has read this. I'm thankful for you reading this much of an adventure to not just me, but my beloved readers! Chapter 10 may come, sooner or later, but oh boy! Will it be an absolute blast to create for not just a bit of old slang humor but development for the characters.

Special Thanks to:

Chomper as Black Terry!