3 - New Home, Same Problem

Getting forbid from Quile, my wife is now Betta. life couldn't get worse than it was already. That fat hog was slower than a slug on peg legs. Now I sound like a Tarrent, nothing but a complaining whiny bastard. I held a deep grudge for Tarrents. All they ever did was wait, whine, and Willy around instead of doing actual work.

Now what his story may be longer than usual so why don't you bring your mother in here? She'll back up the details. After the nod of encouragement, he went out the room before his mother came in. She was a fine women, the look on her face reminded me of Edith, my wife. "Continue your story," her voice was soft and sweet before sitting down next to the boy. "Alright you two, I'll try and not be a sailor around your mother."

As I was saying; moving towards Wúk Dōn with Betta was like taking a walk with a bag of rocks on a leash. Today was going to be a slow day for the two of us; she had the habit of taking long pissing breaks the whole twenty minute walk. It sounded like someone spilling their moonshine, a thick strong liquid being spilt on the ground. What a waste. We don't ever talk about that stench either, it even scared the skunks from how bad it smelt. Taking Siamuel's wife was a mistake, should have left her home with him, but I was too angry to see that at the time.

After a supposed teeny minute walk turned into two hours, we finally made it to the closest town from Quile to Wúk Dōn. Respinto, a town of the bean-ditos. One of the well-known aspects of the town was its stock of fine pinto beans in a can. Takes the hunger right out of ya they say, they deliver. Had its own law office, doctor and the store which held goods from this continent and Makero. Shipments of the places are connected and distributed fairly.

Upon arrival, a man came up to me with a bright grin on his face, the kind that hid a sly tongue. "Good evening partner, I don't recognize you here!" He said with his strange stare, "thinking of moving here," I said, "just need a place for I stay for just two nights." He looked past my shoulder at Betta, "why not you hand me that women back there?" His voice would bring himself to a grin, "then you'll have my home for three nights." I looked at him, he had his hand out before I gave it a firm grip and shook it. I have no care for that spoiled bitch.

"Hey! Watch your mouth around my son!" She spoke at me with an angry tone. "Why don't you look at the boy, he don't seem too shunned by it." She gave me a long sigh, my grandkid didn't look too disturbed by my harsh language. Her long sigh was silent, "Just continue the story." "Alrighty then."

So, I sold Ol' Betta, so long worthless pile of rock. The man I talked to seemed happy, what distrusted me more was his hand holding. The west was a desperate time, even too desperate at the time. I was never that desperate, but it had made desperate measures for myself. The town was busy, horses moving along the fresh muddy path, leaving its own prints on it. Whatever awaited for me in that home was now in my aid.

The window was shattered, the door was halfway off the hinges, what the hell was going on here? The floor was as creaky as Bettas crack, but the additional glass on the floor. It came to me that the guy who took Betta must have been a squatter. Until I looked around a bit more and seen the photos of the mayor, Callehender Soot. A decent mayor, but why was his home in pieces? The only assumption I could think of was the man was the mayor, but it didn't make much sense.

After an hour or three of women work, doing the floor and tearing down what I sought was useless to me, I mistakenly thought my wife was watching. Now, u ain't the believer of ghost but sure as shit I felt my dead ghostly wife touch my bare bottom. The whole second hour was me lashing the bed frame and shouting the most undesirable things man can hear. By the time that was over, I heard a knocking at the door. Group of street boys stared me down as they handed me a contract, my mistake was not reading the damn thing and signing it. And boy, was it truly another mistake of mine.