11 - Lovie Dovie

"Sounds like you had a tough time," Tommy said look right at Larry. "My wife was not the kind to go out like that," I Said to them, "Larrys wife was disloyal to him, wasn't she?" "Of course she was, nothing but a stinkin' hog." The group burst out laughing, letting go of their troubles. "I ain't sure you found yourself love," I said to Tommy, "We both shared our little love stories, why don't you share one?" Tommy gave sudden glances with the group before his cheeks turned red.

"Can we talk about this another time," Tommy said with a hint of fright, "I don't feel comfortable talking of it now.' "Oh, come on," Larry spouted out, "you're still a young man, how can your telling be worse than ours?" "Larry," I said right back at him, "Why don't you keep your trap shut and respect my grandkid?" Larry then looked at both, "What's gotten into your oatmeal friend?"  He looked to Larry, his head down with a beer bottle in his hand, "Oh nothin,' Just Nothin'"

The three would look at one another, one of them taking a sip of their beer. "Aw shit," He said, "Guess I'm all out of this fine liquid, such shame brought upon me for liking it too much." Tommy would laugh, Larry would pat his back. "Why don't we all go to the Saloon then?" Tommy suggested to the group, "A good drink or two sounds about right." "Don't bring me along," Larry said to Tommy, "I ain't so keen on fine liquor." "Then get the Hell out of here!"

He suddenly stood from his chair and grabbed Larry by the collar of his shirt, lifting him out of his seat and against the wall. His anger got to him, smacking his body against the wall, "Why won't you have a good time with us!" The air was knocked out of Larry before Tommy pulled back against his grandfather. "Stop it, Pa!" He shouted right at his face, "He don't have to come with us, just leave him be!" "Larry ain't no man," He looked at Larry, he stood up looking back him, "A man who don't drink, don't do nothing but complain, and worst of all, your story might be full of shit!"

Larry would shudder from his harsh words before smacking him across the face. "Some man you are!" He was throwing hands, landing a punch on his face, "Calling me a liar huh? I bet your wife deserved to be hanged, like the whore she was when I met her!" The room went silent before He grabbed onto Larry by the throat and dragged him across the floor and out of his home, throwing him straight into the mud. "And get the hell out of here," He said loudly with his index finger pointing at him then away from him, "Before I bring my gun and have my way with you."

A few minutes after that altercation landed Him and Tommy back at the Saloon. Unjudged by the men and women, muddy boot prints littered the floor. Upon entering the Saloon, Tommy mentioned something. "This ain't the first time I was here." He looked at Tommy in confusion, "Since when was you ever here? Didn't your mama look after you?" The two found themselves a nice little table to sit at, and before they sat down, they had shot glasses with some fine wine. "I can tell you now," Tommy Said, "It was with the most peculiar person I ever met." "Well Shoot, Tell it out then."

Well, this started when I was with that gang. Forcing to submit myself unto those men were my only option. If I said no, I would not be here to tell my tale Pa. But I am glad to tell only you about it, since now I might need your advice again after all these years. "Of course," He said, "Anything to help my grandkid become a man." Thanks Pa, but I reckon it is best to start at the start.

After about a week running with the men, we settled down under an arch. A nice little cozy spot for our tent and campfire. It was not that bad running with the gang, other than being a little bit of a prisoner amongst them, they treated me with an odd amount of respect. I was still a teen back when this all happened but i guess they were going easy on me. Our camp was in Wuk Don, I still miss that place. But after stalling and getting some firewood, the main leader of the group, well out of the three, Wit Howls, came to me with an urgent request.

"Tom," Wit's voice was slow and low speaking, "Go check on the horses, we leave the morning of tomorrow." I wanted to kiss the old man for such a request, he was quite old with white hair on his beard and his skin is all wrinkled up with black spots on his arm. After a quick nod I sent my way over behind the arch in the tree line, that is where we kept the horses. And i made sure to keep my identity a secret to them all, they called me Tom instead of Tommy. "Bold move kid," he said, patting Tommy on the head taking their first sip of wine together.

There among the horses, was someone that lit an undeserved fire within me. A lady with a dirty look, brushing every one of the horses there, she looked different. Her name, Qim Noose. A fine-looking lady, taller than any women I met in my years. Even without her make up, she looked just the same, except having herself all dirty from brushing the horses. I pondered whether I should talk to her, but like you have always told me Pa, 'Shoot your shot.'

So anyways, I shot. "What a fine little lady you are," Tommy sounded like his father, "I bet your name is... Kindle." I could have sworn her face was bright red, so red, in fact she smacked me across the face. "Oh, I'll make you into kindle," Her giggles were mesmerizing, "Such a fool of man you are." She was not like any lady I met. She spoken true and ear, just like the tone of a man.

She. Was. Fantastic!

Authors Note:
———————

I apologize for taking so long to make a new chapter, my life has been quite a hassle! As Tommy would put it, but in all seriousness it's been a struggle for me to keep up with life. If anything has changed during the writing or doesn't feel the same then I'm sorry!

Hope you all enjoy reading it!